The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Lots of questions today - cleaning

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiffany-x Posted - 03/10/2010 : 21:29:06
Ok, I know the viv needs cleaning every so often, but what do you guys use for a total clean out and how often do you use it. I mean do I need to buy the reptile disinfectant stuff or can I just make my own up or use some kind or antibacterial cleaner or whatever?
Thank you as always. :)
Tiffany-x
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tiffany-x Posted - 05/10/2010 : 07:30:19
No really, you are amazing. :P Thank you sooo much! :D
Tiffany-x
ryanred5 Posted - 04/10/2010 : 22:11:06
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

Oh hun, you seriously are so amazing! Your so kind and helpful, I truly am so grateful! :D

Guys this woman is amazing! I mean it! :P
Tiffany-x

Awh thank you Tiff you will have me blushing.

I wouldn't say I'm amazing I'm just offering you an item I've bought and not used and some disinfectant to get you started and to see what you think of that particular disinfectant.

I've had people help me in the past, so I like to help other people if I am able to.

Btw I'm going to put the Vetaclean in a small watertight bottle plus with give you the instructions of how to use it and will send it with the water dish.
a33272 Posted - 04/10/2010 : 21:59:19
i use rep disinfectant for the bowls, hides, and inside viv then the branches and fake plants get a soak in a bleach mix i have in bin in garage then get 20 mins under running shower to rince off then allowed to dry for a few days
Tiffany-x Posted - 04/10/2010 : 21:28:53
I know what Milton is!! :P I used the tablets to mop floors at this place I worked. Ok, thats good. Thanksss. :D
Tiffany-x
mowdid Posted - 04/10/2010 : 20:49:15
we use(baby disinfectant)milton sterilising fluid diluted,available at any chemist and just about any supermarket nowadays
Matt_Brooks Posted - 04/10/2010 : 20:34:05
I use baby disinfectant :) if its safe for babies it safe for reptiles, ive never had a problem yet :)
Tiffany-x Posted - 04/10/2010 : 19:30:07
Haha, well my brother uses a steam sterilizer for Jeydn's bottles so I dont have a clue what else you can get. :P
Tiffany-x
rachiepotatoe Posted - 04/10/2010 : 19:24:19
I use something with birds on the front...just used to disinfect bird cages, so it's fine for snakes

I read somewhere that any disinfectant that you use for babies bottles is okay to use, as long as you swill it off properly afterwards, but i dont even know what baby bottles are washed in :) lolll so I've never done that
Tiffany-x Posted - 04/10/2010 : 19:17:47
Oh hun, you seriously are so amazing! Your so kind and helpful, I truly am so grateful! :D

Guys this woman is amazing! I mean it! :P
Tiffany-x
ryanred5 Posted - 04/10/2010 : 09:05:51
I've just been reading the instructions and you need to put 10ml of Vetaclean with 3 litres of water. So I'll just look for a small container to put it in to save you sending me something to just return it to you.

I'll keep you posted.
Tiffany-x Posted - 04/10/2010 : 08:34:26
quote:
Originally posted by ryanred5

Yes thats probably a good idea Tiff.

Using Antibacterial Fairy is okay for dishes and your hands but it might not be good for your snake so I wouldn't risk it.

I'd send you some of the Vetaclean to try when I send you the water dish but I haven't got a small bottle to send it in. If you can think of anything I could use, I'll send you some to try.

You are such a sweetheart, Ill try to have a look see what Ive got then as long as you are sure you dont mind I can send it for you to send me some. :D Thank you sooo much!
Tiffany-x
elament Posted - 04/10/2010 : 08:30:40
I am with staple to be honest good old soap and water tho i do give the inside of the viv a wipe over with some of the antibacterial gel i use on my hands after i have handled them. I figure if its safe enough on your hands then handle a snake then its safe enough to use in the viv and i never had any problems.
ryanred5 Posted - 04/10/2010 : 08:29:10
Yes thats probably a good idea Tiff.

Using Antibacterial Fairy is okay for dishes and your hands but it might not be good for your snake so I wouldn't risk it.

I'd send you some of the Vetaclean to try when I send you the water dish but I haven't got a small bottle to send it in. If you can think of anything I could use, I'll send you some to try.
Tiffany-x Posted - 04/10/2010 : 08:03:40
Haha! I think I will get some reptile disinfectant stuff just to be on the safe side! I refuse to take any risks with this one. :) Thanks.
Tiffany-x
Sta~ple Posted - 04/10/2010 : 07:21:12
Lmao I don't see why not ^^
Tiffany-x Posted - 03/10/2010 : 23:33:23
Ok, how about if I used antibacterial fairy? LMFAO. Thanks.
Tiffany-x
Sta~ple Posted - 03/10/2010 : 23:24:56
Well I do, I know some other do too but it's probably/definitely not the most hygienic way of cleaning and getting rid of germs. I've been doing it for 8 years and nothing bad has happened though. I have been looking into getting some rep spray, this kinda stuff http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cascade-Cleaning-Disinfectant-Reptiles-500ml-Spray-/160410589410?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Cats&hash=item25593758e2 as it's just easier to spray and wipe than faff with water XD plus it's cheap where I can buy it.
Tiffany-x Posted - 03/10/2010 : 23:10:35
Wow, so I can just use some washing up liquid. Thats good. Hmm, decisions! :P
Tiffany-x
Sta~ple Posted - 03/10/2010 : 22:25:45
I use hot water, cloth and fairy liquid to make lots of bubbles :D
Tiffany-x Posted - 03/10/2010 : 21:52:00
Ok, thanks you guys, Im reallt grateful for your answers. :)
Tiffany-x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000