The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 a good idea?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/09/2010 : 13:40:25
i have just changed kalou's water, when doin so i read to run my hand through the aspen alittle to get my scent on it, so i did that. i also picked up his coconut hide and rubbed my hands all over it, popped it back, along with his water. then after around 10 mins he started to inspect . he weaved his way through the aspen, up and over his coconut hide, then eventually inside the hide. i could quite clearly see him havin a good smell of everything. was this a good idea to get my scent around his viv?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tiffany-x Posted - 19/09/2010 : 08:48:49
Someone told me that for a hatchling if you use gloves but cut the fingers out then the hatchling can easily get through the hole(s) at the other end.
Tiffany-x
Kellog Posted - 19/09/2010 : 04:31:31
What you have done is perfect Craig....he is getting used to your smell as it is now spread around his viv and as his viv is his home and he feels safe it means he will hopefully not see you as too much of a threat once you come to handle him.

You can put an item of clothing in as well if you feel the need to, although as your scent is already in there and he seems settled with you this may not be necessary. If you do decide to put something in just make sure it is small and tightly woven so he cant try and squeeze through the material. Best suggestion I have heard is a sock with the foot part cut out, so you only have the bit that covers the ankle. Not so sure about the gloves....you dont want him getting stuck!

xxx
herriotfan Posted - 18/09/2010 : 18:11:14
The clothing trick is one that is used a lot on here.
My Sidney still sleeps under his log with one of my old socks!!!
Tiffany-x Posted - 18/09/2010 : 16:58:53
If you dont have any old clothes to give up you could just try cheap gloves, socks etc or carrying a small piece of cloth in your clothing for a day or 2.
Tiffany-x
n/a Posted - 18/09/2010 : 15:15:17
might giv that a try.. i couldnt help but raise a smile when he was inside his hide aving a good old sniff..lol
mikeyd_26 Posted - 18/09/2010 : 14:50:13
yeah i do the same with my hatchling to try and get him used to my scent when handling, cos he's a fiesty little bugger! you could also try putting a piece of your worn clothing in with him :]

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000