The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 I was pondering .....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ryanred5 Posted - 14/08/2010 : 19:43:19
..... last night about getting another snake, either a Cornsnake or a Royal Python.

The only problem is I've got no room for another viv, so my 190 litre corner tank will have to go so I could put a viv in its place.

Atm my husband is saying no way grrr. So I've said to him is there anything I can do or can buy you that will make you change your mind but hes not moving atm. I'll keep prodding though.

If he does eventually say okay, I would not only sell the tank but I would also swap it and all its bits (including an Eheim external filter) for a viv and the bits needed and either a Cornsnake hatchling (Bloodred or Bloodred Stripe, Lavender or Lavender Stripe or a Amel Stripe) or a Royal Python hatchling.

Here are some pics of the corner tank from when we first set it up. We bought it brand new from a seller on Ebay who was called Peterclivemartin but he has since changed the name to Aquapet.

What do you think of the tank, do you think its sellable?

Fingers crossed he changes his mind.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 15/08/2010 : 09:36:05
Try pre loved or something like that. Height doesn't really matter with stuff like corns and royals I don't think.
ryanred5 Posted - 15/08/2010 : 08:17:26
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

If you were getting a hatchling you wouldn't need a big tank for a year or two anyway. My butters are a year old and are still in fauns which i can put on any available surface as long as its near a power source lol.

I realise it would be in a faunarium for the first 12 to 18 months, but I'd need to look forward too and try and sell the tank.
kdlang Posted - 14/08/2010 : 20:51:14
If you were getting a hatchling you wouldn't need a big tank for a year or two anyway. My butters are a year old and are still in fauns which i can put on any available surface as long as its near a power source lol.
ryanred5 Posted - 14/08/2010 : 20:40:00
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Put a snake in it.

I would do but its too deep to get a snake in and out as its 24" high, and it would be a lot of messing about to put glass doors in it. So I think it would be easier to sell the tank and buy a viv.
ryanred5 Posted - 14/08/2010 : 20:30:15
Tbh we would find it easier just having the one tank (the 300 litre South and Central American Cichlid tank) and rather than both of them, cos they are hard work to keep on top of.

I'll put that to my husband that having another snake would be less work than having the tank.
Kehhlyr Posted - 14/08/2010 : 20:24:08
Put a snake in it.
elament Posted - 14/08/2010 : 19:52:47
its nice and maybe the right person may give you a good price for it but to be honest i am not a fish man anymore since getting vivs they are much easier to look after and much easier to move when you want too.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000