I was pondering .....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  19:43:19  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
..... last night about getting another snake, either a Cornsnake or a Royal Python.

The only problem is I've got no room for another viv, so my 190 litre corner tank will have to go so I could put a viv in its place.

Atm my husband is saying no way grrr. So I've said to him is there anything I can do or can buy you that will make you change your mind but hes not moving atm. I'll keep prodding though.

If he does eventually say okay, I would not only sell the tank but I would also swap it and all its bits (including an Eheim external filter) for a viv and the bits needed and either a Cornsnake hatchling (Bloodred or Bloodred Stripe, Lavender or Lavender Stripe or a Amel Stripe) or a Royal Python hatchling.

Here are some pics of the corner tank from when we first set it up. We bought it brand new from a seller on Ebay who was called Peterclivemartin but he has since changed the name to Aquapet.

What do you think of the tank, do you think its sellable?

Fingers crossed he changes his mind.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  19:52:47  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
its nice and maybe the right person may give you a good price for it but to be honest i am not a fish man anymore since getting vivs they are much easier to look after and much easier to move when you want too.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  20:24:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Put a snake in it.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  20:30:15  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tbh we would find it easier just having the one tank (the 300 litre South and Central American Cichlid tank) and rather than both of them, cos they are hard work to keep on top of.

I'll put that to my husband that having another snake would be less work than having the tank.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  20:40:00  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Put a snake in it.

I would do but its too deep to get a snake in and out as its 24" high, and it would be a lot of messing about to put glass doors in it. So I think it would be easier to sell the tank and buy a viv.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  20:51:14  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you were getting a hatchling you wouldn't need a big tank for a year or two anyway. My butters are a year old and are still in fauns which i can put on any available surface as long as its near a power source lol.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk

Edited by - kdlang on 14/08/2010 20:51:46
Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  08:17:26  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

If you were getting a hatchling you wouldn't need a big tank for a year or two anyway. My butters are a year old and are still in fauns which i can put on any available surface as long as its near a power source lol.

I realise it would be in a faunarium for the first 12 to 18 months, but I'd need to look forward too and try and sell the tank.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  09:36:05  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Try pre loved or something like that. Height doesn't really matter with stuff like corns and royals I don't think.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000