The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 pinky looks weird...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 06/08/2010 : 19:34:56
sorry, no photo, but i got a pinkie out of the freezer, it had white round patches on the skin, which i am used to, i assume it is frost bite or something, but some of these white spot/patches look more like a hole, like lots of little tiny holes, i am wondering if these are caused by bacteria slowly breaking the mouse down, i know freezing only slows the rotting process down, but are these holes in the mouse okay to give to the snake?

i have thrown the pinky in the dustbin just to be sure, but i wondered what these holes were, they look like a pin pricks, but a little bigger.

how long should you keep pinkys in the freezer? i bought them last month, shame they don't come with 'use by dates' lol.

thanks for reading

love dee and haribo

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 07/08/2010 : 07:13:24
the problem with frozen food is that it could have been in the shop's freezer for months before you bought it........
as for the pin pricks, pinkies' skin is so delicate it doesn't take much to damage it, even the freezing process could have done it
n/a Posted - 06/08/2010 : 20:58:12
thanks kehhlyr

so the white marks are freezer burn and they are safe. thanks lots. i must admit, i have never seen the mice with little tiny pin marks before. if i find any again, i'll just throw them out.
Kehhlyr Posted - 06/08/2010 : 20:06:23
Sure you didn't type what I've edited to??
Anyway the little round white type marks is freezer burn. Nothing to worry about and still just as tasty.
n/a Posted - 06/08/2010 : 19:36:51
dunno why i got lots of **** where i typed pin holes?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000