The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Decent Viv Lock?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LittleMick Posted - 30/07/2010 : 22:12:23
I bought the wrong lock for ELijah's viv, seems the glass on the VX36 vivs is closer together than on my Leo's custom viv, so when I put the lock on the outer glass pushes it against the inner glass and I have to take the lock completely off to open the doors. It was a Pro Rep 1000mm one. Does anyone know if the 1300mm X-Long one would make a difference or if there are other makes that would suit a VX36?
I have been looking into getting a wedge if I can't get a lock but would prefer the lock.

Thanks
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 01/08/2010 : 16:44:29
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Lucifer/HannahB, I can remember I think it was Luke, had to bend the lock they got off 888 with pliers to fit it on the VX36.

Yes it was Luke that had to do that.
hillzi Posted - 01/08/2010 : 13:33:49
Lucifer/HannahB, I can remember I think it was Luke, had to bend the lock they got off 888 with pliers to fit it on the VX36.

LittleMick Posted - 01/08/2010 : 04:55:58
Thanks for the replies everyone, I went out and bought a pacl of 6 wedges anyway, the galss door was quite hard to open anyway, so now a wedge should do the trick.

Thanks
kdlang Posted - 31/07/2010 : 20:08:43
I don't know if this will help but when I bought Izzy, the viv he came with had a lock that had scratched the glass. I smeared vaseline over the bar and it helped it to run smoother.
LittleMick Posted - 31/07/2010 : 15:26:24
I don't think bending it would make any difference as it's th outer door that pushes it back in, if I try it on my Leo viv (custom made) it is fine, I can take the lock part off, leave the actual bar attached to the glass and still open the door with no issues. On The VX viv though if I try and open it with th elock in place it would scratch the door. So I have to remove the door if I want to do anything inside. Bit of a pain really. I think I will go for a wedge. I bought the lock instead of the wedge as I had visions of it falling out when I wasn't there. Mind you though the doors on this VX are really quite tough to open anyway, plus the way I have my cardboard aid in between the glass I don't think Elijah would be able to escape anyway. Just don't want to take any risks.
elament Posted - 31/07/2010 : 14:16:24
Another solution if you cant get a lock in is to use self adhesive velcro to keep the doors shut. Thas what i have had to do on xenas viv as the glass is so close together i couldnt get a lock to work even with bending.
hiper2009 Posted - 31/07/2010 : 14:08:28
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I had to bend the metal on mine to make it fit between the glass. It does the job but its a bit of a palava. It will save you buying another lock tho

I had to bend the metal bit on mine as well for it to fit perfectly.
kdlang Posted - 31/07/2010 : 12:28:20
I had to bend the metal on mine to make it fit between the glass. It does the job but its a bit of a palava. It will save you buying another lock tho
Mouse Posted - 31/07/2010 : 10:49:32
My locks are fine, but I can't remember what type they are. :(
Sta~ple Posted - 31/07/2010 : 08:48:01
I heard werid things about the metal locks and vivexotic vivs, I have no idea if it's true or not though. People have had to bend the metal to get it to fit :/ bt I do't know what make of locks they were. I thought have thought that locks with smaller gaps would be better.

I've been using rubber wedges, they work but not a lot of the wedge goes into the viv but it goes the job.

Out of interest, What would be the locks purpose? Child/animal proofing or snake proofing?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000