The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 prey size

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/07/2010 : 23:12:30
also one other question whilst am on here, what size prey would be suitable for a 33 inch long snake am currently feeding him the largest small adult mice they do should i move upto large adult mice?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boost-boy74 Posted - 02/08/2010 : 12:31:18
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by boost-boy74

im going to have to go to my local store and have a look at there mice, as ive got a new corn whose about 44" long but very chunky looking and ive only got small rat weaners are they to big?

cheers

You say very chunky looking? Pics would be good, your snake might be over weight, in which case rats are not the way to go!

i see -no pics as yet as i only got her yesterday, she is feeding on adult mice at the moment?
SexyBear77 Posted - 02/08/2010 : 11:10:07
quote:
Originally posted by boost-boy74

im going to have to go to my local store and have a look at there mice, as ive got a new corn whose about 44" long but very chunky looking and ive only got small rat weaners are they to big?

cheers

You say very chunky looking? Pics would be good, your snake might be over weight, in which case rats are not the way to go!
boost-boy74 Posted - 02/08/2010 : 10:46:31

cheers
hillzi Posted - 01/08/2010 : 13:11:14
I'd see about picking your own size from the "small adult" selection, you may get a mouse thats slightly bigger than the rest but didn't find its way into the "large adult" section. I always ask to pick my own as I know the size of my snakes and wha they can, and can't, or have difficulty with, taking.
elament Posted - 01/08/2010 : 11:59:03
They are suprising in what they can actually eat. I still look at my Xena (on fluffs) and think that is way too big but she gets it down so easily now. Even a medium looks big to colin but like xena it hardly touches the sides. Amazin.
n/a Posted - 01/08/2010 : 05:13:25
no they only do small adults and large adults. i fed him the smallest large adult they had 2 days ago. i thort there was no way hed manage when i tried feedin him but somehow he did
elament Posted - 28/07/2010 : 11:54:05
Does your shop not do medium adults? Thats what my Colin is on and he is a bit bigger than your snake at 41". My Rep Dealer told me its quite a jump from mediums to large adults so you may find a jump that big in size may be too big.
gmac Posted - 27/07/2010 : 23:15:10
prey size should have a girth of no greater than one and a half times the snakes width at the widest. so if the larger size falls into that category then you can move up a size.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000