prey size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  23:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also one other question whilst am on here, what size prey would be suitable for a 33 inch long snake am currently feeding him the largest small adult mice they do should i move upto large adult mice?

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  23:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
prey size should have a girth of no greater than one and a half times the snakes width at the widest. so if the larger size falls into that category then you can move up a size.

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  11:54:05  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Does your shop not do medium adults? Thats what my Colin is on and he is a bit bigger than your snake at 41". My Rep Dealer told me its quite a jump from mediums to large adults so you may find a jump that big in size may be too big.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Edited by - elament on 28/07/2010 11:54:30
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  05:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no they only do small adults and large adults. i fed him the smallest large adult they had 2 days ago. i thort there was no way hed manage when i tried feedin him but somehow he did
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  11:59:03  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
They are suprising in what they can actually eat. I still look at my Xena (on fluffs) and think that is way too big but she gets it down so easily now. Even a medium looks big to colin but like xena it hardly touches the sides. Amazin.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  13:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd see about picking your own size from the "small adult" selection, you may get a mouse thats slightly bigger than the rest but didn't find its way into the "large adult" section. I always ask to pick my own as I know the size of my snakes and wha they can, and can't, or have difficulty with, taking.
Go to Top of Page

boost-boy74
Egg

58 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  10:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im going to have to go to my local store and have a look at there mice, as ive got a new corn whose about 44" long but very chunky looking and ive only got small rat weaners are they to big?

cheers

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  11:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boost-boy74

im going to have to go to my local store and have a look at there mice, as ive got a new corn whose about 44" long but very chunky looking and ive only got small rat weaners are they to big?

cheers

You say very chunky looking? Pics would be good, your snake might be over weight, in which case rats are not the way to go!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

boost-boy74
Egg

58 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  12:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by boost-boy74

cheers

You say very chunky looking? Pics would be good, your snake might be over weight, in which case rats are not the way to go!

i see -no pics as yet as i only got her yesterday, she is feeding on adult mice at the moment?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000