The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Question about weighing my Snake...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 24/07/2010 : 08:55:54
Hi guys, I just wondered if someone could recommend or link me to a cheap scale that's suitable for my young corn?

I saw a post on another forum with a digital scale for like £20 but that's a bit too much for me at the mo, although i will be getting one like that in the future, im only looking for a cheap temporary one really.

thanks people
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
princessbroxy Posted - 24/07/2010 : 21:10:51
its the digi ones from sainsburys i use and there fine....put the tub on the scales before you turn them on and it wont register the tub is there....hope this helps
glynjones Posted - 24/07/2010 : 19:56:45
You shouldn't need to buy new scales, as the other posts say kitchen scales are fine.
Just speak nicely to your O/H or mum!
If you do wan't a set of scales, i would try a boot fair or E Bay, probably get some for a coulpe of quid.
mikerichards Posted - 24/07/2010 : 17:28:48
Sainsburys have digi scales for about 9 quid, they weigh upto 3kg, so are good for anything like a royal or smaller.
Usually the on button is the tare(zero), so put the tub on, tare it, then add the snake.
Tiffany-x Posted - 24/07/2010 : 13:15:26
On most kitchen scales if you place your tub on you can then zero it by pressing the zero button so it takes it to zero with the tub on so it will only take the weight of your snake, sorry thats a little confusing just let me know if you dont understand and Ill attempt rewording it! :P
Tiffany-x
n/a Posted - 24/07/2010 : 12:34:21
Thanks a lot mate, so with the scales from the link you posted i could just put any tub on the scale, and then put the snake in the tub and subtract the weight of the tub itself?
kdlang Posted - 24/07/2010 : 09:36:30
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-5KG-1G-DIGITAL-LCD-ELECTRONIC-KITCHEN-POSTAL-SCALES-/110562807147?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item19be0e8d6b

I use a set of digital kitchen scales which my mum got from Home Bargains for me for about a fiver. These are a set I just found on ebay. I dont know how good they are as I'v not used these ones but wanted to show you you can get them for less than £20. There are lots more on ebay or check out your local bargain shop like Home Bargains. Hope that helps :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000