Question about weighing my Snake...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

26 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  08:55:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I just wondered if someone could recommend or link me to a cheap scale that's suitable for my young corn?

I saw a post on another forum with a digital scale for like £20 but that's a bit too much for me at the mo, although i will be getting one like that in the future, im only looking for a cheap temporary one really.

thanks people

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  09:36:30  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-5KG-1G-DIGITAL-LCD-ELECTRONIC-KITCHEN-POSTAL-SCALES-/110562807147?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item19be0e8d6b

I use a set of digital kitchen scales which my mum got from Home Bargains for me for about a fiver. These are a set I just found on ebay. I dont know how good they are as I'v not used these ones but wanted to show you you can get them for less than £20. There are lots more on ebay or check out your local bargain shop like Home Bargains. Hope that helps :)

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

26 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  12:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot mate, so with the scales from the link you posted i could just put any tub on the scale, and then put the snake in the tub and subtract the weight of the tub itself?
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  13:15:26  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
On most kitchen scales if you place your tub on you can then zero it by pressing the zero button so it takes it to zero with the tub on so it will only take the weight of your snake, sorry thats a little confusing just let me know if you dont understand and Ill attempt rewording it! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  17:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sainsburys have digi scales for about 9 quid, they weigh upto 3kg, so are good for anything like a royal or smaller.
Usually the on button is the tare(zero), so put the tub on, tare it, then add the snake.

Go to Top of Page

glynjones
Egg

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  19:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You shouldn't need to buy new scales, as the other posts say kitchen scales are fine.
Just speak nicely to your O/H or mum!
If you do wan't a set of scales, i would try a boot fair or E Bay, probably get some for a coulpe of quid.

Glyn

1.1.0 Marge (Amel)
Nelson (Lavender)
Go to Top of Page

princessbroxy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  21:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its the digi ones from sainsburys i use and there fine....put the tub on the scales before you turn them on and it wont register the tub is there....hope this helps

0.0.2 Aneries: Dorito + Sparkles
1.1.0 Hypo Het Lavender Bloodreds: Chilli + Pepper
1.0.0 Motley Butter: Dave
0.1.0 Ghost stripe : Sssam
0.1.0 Lavender: Princesss Annie
0.1.0 Normal: Medusa (baby sitting for 3 years)
2.2.0 Royal Python: Rafiki , Zazu , Pumba + Timone
1.0.0 orange ghost Python:Buster
1.0.0 Pastel python: enygma
0.1.0 spider python:
Kendra
0.1.0 66% het pied: sally
1.0.0 red tail cat fish (Morph)R.I.P
7.2.0 cats (M.I.B.,Picasso,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Merc,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts)
Welcome to my petting zoo lol

Have you ever noticed when you run into a spiders web you all of a sudden turn into a ninja
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000