The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 how do u set up a microclimate ministat 100

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misspiggy18 Posted - 23/07/2010 : 17:41:38
i brought a microclimate ministat 100 but the instructions which came with it dont make much sense when you turn it anti clockwise to the temp u want how many degrees does the temp drop before it turns it self back on
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 25/07/2010 : 12:29:51
I have Habistat mat stats and they are both accurate to within about .9 of a degree or so. The essential thing I found in setting them up was to have the stat probe attached (with rubber bands) to the probe of the thermometer and have them both laying flat on the surface of the mat. Doing it that way its very easy to tweak the stats and get them set to the right temp.
eeji Posted - 24/07/2010 : 22:40:51
ditto ditto! :D basically ignore the temerature settings on the stat and use a seperate digital thermometer, placing the probe on the heat mat
LittleMick Posted - 24/07/2010 : 22:35:53
Ditto on DB's posts.
I have a Micro Climate, a Komodo and a Habistat and I found the Micro Climate to be the least accurate out of the three. The most accurate was the Habistat. But whichever stat you have just alter the stat dial until your temps read correctly on the thermometer. Sounds like mine are about the the same as DB's.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 23/07/2010 : 17:47:19
Mine tend to drop by around 3c. The dial on the stat isn't very accurate so make sure your monitoring the temps with a digital thermometer.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000