The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Hungry??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AngelX Posted - 12/07/2010 : 19:57:53
Okk, Today, and the last time I fed him, Moo had a right go at the mice I gave him, he doesn't usually do it though. I taped it for my dad to watch so I have a video. He usually just goes up to it and just opens his mouth and just.. well eats peacefully if that's possible LoL. But the last two weeks that he has striked at it, basically jumped and curled around it and really bites it. I have had trouble with the size of mouse to feed him, I am feeding him two weaned a week, he is quite slim as some of you may know but I'mnot sure if he's hungry after feeding. Please help, and I will post the video if you would like. Not sure if this is normal of not as I know corn snakes constrict their prey anyway.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crazy JJ Posted - 23/07/2010 : 12:38:20
tis ok :D all here to help :)
AngelX Posted - 23/07/2010 : 10:53:21
Thanks crazyJJ!
crazy JJ Posted - 13/07/2010 : 00:48:57
i fed skittles on sat after not feeding her 4 a lil while after a regurge, blimy she was hungry, i put her fuzzie in, she striked at me but missed, stricked everywhere, at every movment etc n then eventually she found the mouse she took it nice n gently... well it was a half hearted strike but that was it after her darted everywhere etc lol.

but yeah when they constrict is great me thinks, when i fed the others on sat all of them either stricked or constricted except max of course who just didnt want his mouse grrrrr
AngelX Posted - 12/07/2010 : 20:26:45
Oh okayy thanks, I just wanted to make sure he wasn't hungry!
matty18714 Posted - 12/07/2010 : 20:14:40
Its normal. Constriction doesnt mean they need more food, its just their method of killing their prey. Also, if a snake if still hunting around afer being fed, that doesnt mean its hungry either, it just assumes that food is in the area and is looking for more as they will often feed at any opertunity.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000