The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 thanks monty!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jamesday121 Posted - 11/06/2010 : 20:55:37
handling my hatchling corn snake last night who ive had about two weeks now, decided too ermm poo and pee in my hand! real sign of appreciation :)

just to confirm its not a problm whn they doo that is it ?

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 14/06/2010 : 17:32:01
Welcome to the world of snake keeping lol

Alice regularly poos on me although i have now got into a routine of towel on knee, several pieces of kitchen roll handy and a nappy sac to put it in. The little so and so seems to be determined to beat the poo catchin tho. Sometimes he does it right next to a fold in the towel so I can't get the kitchen roll under properly. This week he decided to go exploring my dining chairs and stopped hanging from one of the legs. I tried holding the toilet roll under but he still managed to squirt it up my arm and on my new living room carpet too.
AngelX Posted - 14/06/2010 : 17:18:05
I haven't had snakes for very long, and I've been pooed in at least 3 times! Moo must really hate me! Haha!
jamesday121 Posted - 14/06/2010 : 13:08:39
Fantatstic :) thanks for all your replys :) i have just fed him so this time wednesday i will look forward to another present :):)
Kellog Posted - 12/06/2010 : 03:14:30
Dont worry about it James....it is something you have to look forward to happening a lot!! Some snakes can poo because they are scared but often it is just the activity that 'encourages' them. You will soon learn the signs that Monty is about to give you a nice gift . With my 2 they go very still, then lift their tails at an odd angle and their vent comes out. If you always have kitchen roll or a towel ready you can then be ready to 'catch' what comes out....just be aware that is can squirt quite far and soak through kitchen roll fast!

I prefer mine doing it outside their vivs as it keeps their homes nice and clean....and 90% of the time I can 'catch' them in the act!

xxx
herriotfan Posted - 11/06/2010 : 21:36:12
Beds are good enough....fully fledged!!!!! You'd be a good member regardless....she creeps
Sta~ple Posted - 11/06/2010 : 21:30:16
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

You can now call yourself a fully fledged member!!!!!!

I haven't been pooed on in my 7/8 years of snake keeping snakes...So I'm not a good member? T.T

They have pooed on my bed though...
herriotfan Posted - 11/06/2010 : 21:26:18
You can now call yourself a fully fledged member!!!!!!
gmac Posted - 11/06/2010 : 21:07:23
yip its a problem as it makes a mess

there is nothing to worry about perfectly normal to poo when they want

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000