The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reptile Shows & Meetings
 Reptile Shows/Show Dates
 Portsmouth 2010.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hillzi Posted - 08/08/2010 : 17:29:12
Whose going?

http://www.pras-uk.co.uk/show.htm is the info, gonna put it up here too;

24th October 2010.

Havant Leisure Centre
Civic Road
Havant
PO9 2AY

10am to 4pm.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 25/10/2010 : 11:48:02
The guy at the front with them was really nice :) i wouldnt let mike have one tho haha! I very nearly bought a toad to! haha but i cant do feeding bugs, im a wuss!

It wasnt the biggest show but it was deffo worth the trip i think, everyone we spoke to on the stalls was lovely and it was busy but not so busy that i got trod on like kempton and donny! haha, was it just me tho or did anyone else think it was alot cheaper than the other shows?

Did anyone see that HUGE royal that one of the guys bought to show, she was stunning! i couldnt beleive how big she was tho! makes my cecil look like her lunch! haha

I came home with a snakey to :D ill put pics up in abit ;)

anyone going kiddy?
tehbunneh Posted - 25/10/2010 : 10:34:24
The little ones at the door, lol! We saw some of the others, but he liked the guy at the door, and we chatted to him for a good 15 mins over them. A couple of imperials, I believe.
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/10/2010 : 22:24:04
quote:
Originally posted by tehbunneh

.........My brother bought scorpions............

The little ones in front of the door, or the larger adults in the corner, or the juvies towards the back????
pompey666 Posted - 24/10/2010 : 20:43:42
i was there didnt get the corn i was after tho but did get 100% het pied royal a normal leo and a carrot head giant albino poss super giant he is stunning will put pics up later
tehbunneh Posted - 24/10/2010 : 19:31:22
Was told he feeds well, and he seems to be a good weight. The four kinks are right in the middle of his back, about half to a full inch apart. He is so very friendly, and as soon as I held him I knew he was going to be my good deed for the day! He's just such a sweetie! Today was so fun! But its so full of temptations x.x I at least didn't spend as much as the little bro! £115 he spent, but all of it well worth the price! My two I did amazingly on! Now to pick up my Granite from kevchandler, and I'm well away!! Lol!!
drchino Posted - 24/10/2010 : 19:29:31
Got back about an hour ago with my new crestie Ended up waking up late and then got stuck in traffic so I didn't get down there till about 2. Managed to find exactly the crestie I was after though so it wasn't an issue. Even managed to get it knocked down in price too as it was the end of the day Another bonus is that my girlfriend now finally sees why I think royal pythons are beautiful and cute! Looks like that shall be next investment..although she wants a leopard gecko first! She so close to buying her own hatchling corn snake too! I think she fell in love with them.
gmac Posted - 24/10/2010 : 19:28:13
nice one on the pickups and Adam (IV) is a wealth of knowledge on Corns. hope the kinked one isn't in too bad a shape
tehbunneh Posted - 24/10/2010 : 19:22:24
Me'n my little bro weeeent! I was so naughty, and am in trouble with the boyfriend! I picked up a kinky hypo pewter for £15 and a bloodred for £20!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO chuffed! My brother bought scorpions and another beardie X333 She's such a sweetheart! I'mma get pictures up as SOON as I can! The little pewter has four kinks in his spine, but he is the most excitable, friendly little chap I've ever come across! The bloodred is a RIGHT tiny noodle! Met one of the mods of Ians Vivarium too!! He and the lass he was with her so sweet!! Talked to me about the differences (or lacking of!) between bloodreds and diffused. They had some stunning little snakies!
FiestaSTLou Posted - 24/10/2010 : 15:26:21
Just got back :D i was working til 5am so i got there abit late (12am) was still good tho and i didnt come home empty handed :p
drchino Posted - 24/10/2010 : 00:50:33
I can't wait! Just set up my crestie faun in anticipation! It's gonna feel like such a long car journey down there! I feel like a kid at xmas
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/10/2010 : 19:13:10
Bumpity bump

Who's going??

Anyone???
It'd be nice if I could find a decent panther cham there......
I shall be the one without pink hair this year.

I got in trouble last year when I went, Lets see how much trouble I can get into this year. :D
I can see a loft conversion coming on soon.

/edit
Looks like I might have an empty seat in the car tomoz.
Anyone need to cadge a lift??
I'll be leaving Christchurch (dorset) in the morning, so could possibly pick a regular up on the way through So'ton or similar.
Although picking up would ideally be from a sensible place, having to go 8 miles out could be awkward for useless sat-nav.
I shall confirm definite empty seat or not within the next hour.

Definite empty seat, anyone need a lift??
drchino Posted - 18/10/2010 : 15:35:07
I've gotta keep the crestie I'm getting a secret from my landlord! Luckily the viv can be easily hidden behind my guitars if need be!!
chrish Posted - 18/10/2010 : 11:30:28
I mite be there...havent quite made my mind up yet....really really really cant buy anything though, my landlord wasnt best pleased with the first snake, doesnt even know about the second yet!
tehbunneh Posted - 10/10/2010 : 20:35:06
I think I'm coming! Looking after all the beasties at my parents place that weekend, so I should be there! Is there a meeting up place, or are we just going and hoping to spy people we know, lol!!!
FiestaSTLou Posted - 08/10/2010 : 11:59:16
fingers crossed then :)
drchino Posted - 08/10/2010 : 10:25:05
I'm pretty sure it will do... at least I really hope it does! Would be devestated to have bought all my crestie equipment, driven all the way there and then find out its been cancelled!
FiestaSTLou Posted - 08/10/2010 : 09:28:59
i would really like to go so i can pick up some cheapy bits for the snakies, just fingers crossed it still goes ahead!
hillzi Posted - 07/10/2010 : 19:55:30
I doubt I'll be going.
drchino Posted - 07/10/2010 : 16:53:54
I read somewhere that their claim is that it is illegal to sell pets at a show. From what I can remember (correct me if I'm wrong) it is legal as long as it is not companies doing it as a means of business; as long as it is people doing it for a hobby then it is fine. There will be people there policing this but otherwise people protesting can't really do much about it.
FiestaSTLou Posted - 07/10/2010 : 16:41:25
is this still happeing i saw on TRP that APA where trying to get it stopped?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000