The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Safe sealant...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JackSnake Posted - 29/12/2011 : 20:31:01
Hello all, long time since ive been on here but need some help/advice.
After finishing my custom viv with cabinet i would like to add a bit of decor. Ive been researching on how to make certain items but i need pointing in direction..
I would like to seal a combined rockface and removable bowl (which would be his drinking bowl.
Ive read up on using water based paints etc but what sealer would i use? A spray sealer would be best if possible?
Thanks for any help...
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 30/12/2011 : 22:33:45
But that paint is water proof :P Just a bit confused weather he meant sealant as in sticking one thing to another or sealing joints or to cover a large area. Think I probably read wrong *_*
eeji Posted - 30/12/2011 : 20:03:30
not paint, this stuff: http://www.wickes.co.uk/frame-acrylic-sealant/invt/156708/
Sta~ple Posted - 30/12/2011 : 08:52:20
I am a little lost, acrylic paint when dry is waterproof. I think your own about varnish, I know some people use yacht varnish but it is probably worth a gander at the dark side as lots of people make custom backgrounds and waterbowls there and get asked many questions.
eeji Posted - 30/12/2011 : 00:47:16
acrylic sealant is safe once dried (hardly any fumes whilst curing too) and it can be painted and varnished without the paint pooling (water based floor varnish is good)
JackSnake Posted - 29/12/2011 : 21:48:05
I wasn't sure if you covered the drinking dish with silicone it would be safe for the snake to drink out of? I know to use the aqua silicone for vivs but didn't know if could be used for drinking/intake purposes?
With reguards to the paint, once painted then seal it so water couldnt get to the paint if you get that? What paint would you think i could use otherwise?
Spreebok Posted - 29/12/2011 : 21:36:21
By seal, is it something silicone could do? If so, aquarium silicone is good I think, no anti-fungals and stuff. I would have thought waterbased paint would have reduced to a sticky mess the minute water touches it, but I could be wrong :>

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000