The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Fixing climbing branches safely

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
teabicky Posted - 02/11/2011 : 16:34:27
Easy really, I would just like to hear how people fix climbing branches and the like so that they can not fall or roll onto their precious snakey friends. I've got a wooden Viv.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 06/06/2012 : 21:59:45
you can use a hot glue gun or aquatic sealent
kelly x Posted - 06/06/2012 : 21:51:08
Guys how would you fix fake plants to a wooden viv ? any ideas, because they just dont stick to wood :) x
marc_sg Posted - 11/11/2011 : 20:32:29
thank u im building my second one now for my royals next year
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/11/2011 : 00:39:11
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I just bung my branches in, the wobbliness and movement is much more fun and entertaining for me.

You are evil lol
marc your viv looks great
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/11/2011 : 22:32:42
I just bung my branches in, the wobbliness and movement is much more fun and entertaining for me.
With the kings though, it's just normal to leave them loose as they will try to rip them down to use as weapons for viv-trashing anyway.
marc_sg Posted - 09/11/2011 : 10:18:49
for the branches in my viv i used 3 inch long screw pilot holed the viv then screwed straight into the branch.
teabicky Posted - 04/11/2011 : 17:42:45
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

Cup hooks for bendable vines, Eyes for branches (a cable tye through a drilled hole on the branch then secured through the eye) if you want to be able to remove them easily for cleaning etc, for amore permanent branch screw it to the viv or for really large branches a bolt (double ended, don't know what the proper name is) threaded into the branch, whole drilled through side of viv then secured with nut or butterfly nut.

I have followed this advice almost to the letter. The only difference being that in my case I could get away with putting the cable ties around the branch, therefore not needing to drill any holes.
Red123 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 17:15:10
Cup hooks for bendable vines, Eyes for branches (a cable tye through a drilled hole on the branch then secured through the eye) if you want to be able to remove them easily for cleaning etc, for amore permanent branch screw it to the viv or for really large branches a bolt (double ended, don't know what the proper name is) threaded into the branch, whole drilled through side of viv then secured with nut or butterfly nut.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000