New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teabicky
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  16:34:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easy really, I would just like to hear how people fix climbing branches and the like so that they can not fall or roll onto their precious snakey friends. I've got a wooden Viv.

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  17:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cup hooks for bendable vines, Eyes for branches (a cable tye through a drilled hole on the branch then secured through the eye) if you want to be able to remove them easily for cleaning etc, for amore permanent branch screw it to the viv or for really large branches a bolt (double ended, don't know what the proper name is) threaded into the branch, whole drilled through side of viv then secured with nut or butterfly nut.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

teabicky
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  17:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

Cup hooks for bendable vines, Eyes for branches (a cable tye through a drilled hole on the branch then secured through the eye) if you want to be able to remove them easily for cleaning etc, for amore permanent branch screw it to the viv or for really large branches a bolt (double ended, don't know what the proper name is) threaded into the branch, whole drilled through side of viv then secured with nut or butterfly nut.

I have followed this advice almost to the letter. The only difference being that in my case I could get away with putting the cable ties around the branch, therefore not needing to drill any holes.
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  10:18:49  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
for the branches in my viv i used 3 inch long screw pilot holed the viv then screwed straight into the branch.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  22:32:42  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just bung my branches in, the wobbliness and movement is much more fun and entertaining for me.
With the kings though, it's just normal to leave them loose as they will try to rip them down to use as weapons for viv-trashing anyway.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  00:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I just bung my branches in, the wobbliness and movement is much more fun and entertaining for me.

You are evil lol
marc your viv looks great

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  20:32:29  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thank u im building my second one now for my royals next year

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

kelly x
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  21:51:08  Show Profile  Click to see kelly x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Guys how would you fix fake plants to a wooden viv ? any ideas, because they just dont stick to wood :) x
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  21:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can use a hot glue gun or aquatic sealent

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko