The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Pics of mysterys viv setup

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ari Posted - 21/03/2010 : 13:43:43
Got a few more bits on order but heres a quick look at his setup already. let me know what you think. mystery got a little camera shy today!

Made a video montage with his new setup too for a much closer look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14FXoAcGn0
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ari Posted - 23/03/2010 : 16:44:03
that could be the case. i recently bought the exo terra canopy, with the two spot lamps. they generate a small amount of heat, enough to raise ambient temp. these could be evaporating the water in the air too quickly. the water in the bowls seem fine though.
Kellog Posted - 23/03/2010 : 05:44:43
quote:
Originally posted by ari

i was a little concerned with the water shelf and for the first week or so mystery didnt go near it. Its been in there a fair few weeks now, and can happily say that he is drinking, climbing and it takes his weight without giving in. so thats a thumbs up.

in regards to humidity, my levels have dropped. they are averaging 30% im trying to get them up. not sure why they dropped so much this year though. could be my increased ambient temps. I used to have a steady 50-60. i introduced the water dish to help increase them.

generally though i havent had any extreme humidity issues to deal with. light water spray once in a while. hes very happy, active and i think on the prowl for a girlie ;)

That is really interesting to hear, am glad I asked the question! To be honest I have never checked the humidity in my snakes' vivs and never felt the need to, but did wonder whether having 3 water bowls would add to the overall humidity. I guess a factor in the drop in humidity may be that the 2 bowls on the shelf are in the ambient temperature and are therefore not evaporating like a bowl on the viv floor would, even on the cool side?? But then again I may be talking complete rubbish !!

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 22/03/2010 : 14:36:07
I wouldn't worry too much about humidity, its not an extreme factor when it comes to corns. Im sure 30% would be ok.
ari Posted - 22/03/2010 : 13:36:40
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Mystery is a very lucky snake! You have done an amazing job with her viv.

Like the idea of the water bowls....but have never seen anything like that for corns before, on a shelf. You also have another water bowl at ground level, in the middle of the viv. Do you have any concerns about humidity level? Would love to know if the high level water bowl works.

Mystery may be a bit camera shy but she has some lovely colours and strong markings.

xxx

i was a little concerned with the water shelf and for the first week or so mystery didnt go near it. Its been in there a fair few weeks now, and can happily say that he is drinking, climbing and it takes his weight without giving in. so thats a thumbs up.

in regards to humidity, my levels have dropped. they are averaging 30% im trying to get them up. not sure why they dropped so much this year though. could be my increased ambient temps. I used to have a steady 50-60. i introduced the water dish to help increase them.

generally though i havent had any extreme humidity issues to deal with. light water spray once in a while. hes very happy, active and i think on the prowl for a girlie ;)
n/a Posted - 22/03/2010 : 13:15:25
Awww that looks awesome
Kellog Posted - 22/03/2010 : 03:45:25
Mystery is a very lucky snake! You have done an amazing job with her viv.

Like the idea of the water bowls....but have never seen anything like that for corns before, on a shelf. You also have another water bowl at ground level, in the middle of the viv. Do you have any concerns about humidity level? Would love to know if the high level water bowl works.

Mystery may be a bit camera shy but she has some lovely colours and strong markings.

xxx

DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/03/2010 : 21:33:19
I can't wait till mine move up into vivs and i can splash out and make them look nice lol. I really like the glass ones, but with having 3 will be going with a wooden stack.
ari Posted - 21/03/2010 : 20:08:21
thanks everyone, if anyone is interested in the water bowls i got them from http://www.lizardplanet.co.uk - they import pet tech stuff which use magnets to connect to glass vivs ;) im really please with it. ordered a few more bits and hopefully they arrive soon. ill take a few more pics then too
n/a Posted - 21/03/2010 : 20:02:03
One of the best vivs ive seen im sure mystery loves it
zandefloss Posted - 21/03/2010 : 18:42:17
that viv is a stunner - that's how I'd like spaghettis final viv to look like. Or poss. like the coffee table one I saw a while back. Yours looks so natural and colourful and I love love love the little water trays!

zan x
mozacchio Posted - 21/03/2010 : 17:10:51
Nice viv!
ari Posted - 21/03/2010 : 16:59:30
i do have a mat under there but its thinner at the back where the mat is. thicker at the front for decor ;)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/03/2010 : 16:27:42
quote:
Originally posted by lessthanjase

do you have a mat under all that substrate? it looks like its quite thick? water tray is great :)

Thats a good point, the substrate looks quite thick, the heat from the mat might not get through properly and reach the temps needed.
n/a Posted - 21/03/2010 : 16:24:53
do you have a mat under all that substrate? it looks like its quite thick? water tray is great :)
Figs Posted - 21/03/2010 : 15:57:23
looks great!
i bet mystery loves it :)

Exo terra vivs always looks so smart i think
Sta~ple Posted - 21/03/2010 : 15:09:56
It looks so pretty ^^
HannahB Posted - 21/03/2010 : 13:56:55
i like the tray with the water bowls in
looks good to me :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000