Pics of mysterys viv setup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  13:43:43  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got a few more bits on order but heres a quick look at his setup already. let me know what you think. mystery got a little camera shy today!

Made a video montage with his new setup too for a much closer look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14FXoAcGn0

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  13:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like the tray with the water bowls in
looks good to me :)

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  15:09:56  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It looks so pretty ^^

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  15:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks great!
i bet mystery loves it :)

Exo terra vivs always looks so smart i think
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  16:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you have a mat under all that substrate? it looks like its quite thick? water tray is great :)

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  16:27:42  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lessthanjase

do you have a mat under all that substrate? it looks like its quite thick? water tray is great :)

Thats a good point, the substrate looks quite thick, the heat from the mat might not get through properly and reach the temps needed.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  16:59:30  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i do have a mat under there but its thinner at the back where the mat is. thicker at the front for decor ;)
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  17:10:51  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice viv!
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  18:42:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that viv is a stunner - that's how I'd like spaghettis final viv to look like. Or poss. like the coffee table one I saw a while back. Yours looks so natural and colourful and I love love love the little water trays!

zan x
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  20:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the best vivs ive seen im sure mystery loves it

0.0.1 Carolina Corn (Milo)
1.1.0 Staffys (Harley&Penny)
Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  20:08:21  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks everyone, if anyone is interested in the water bowls i got them from http://www.lizardplanet.co.uk - they import pet tech stuff which use magnets to connect to glass vivs ;) im really please with it. ordered a few more bits and hopefully they arrive soon. ill take a few more pics then too
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  21:33:19  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can't wait till mine move up into vivs and i can splash out and make them look nice lol. I really like the glass ones, but with having 3 will be going with a wooden stack.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  03:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mystery is a very lucky snake! You have done an amazing job with her viv.

Like the idea of the water bowls....but have never seen anything like that for corns before, on a shelf. You also have another water bowl at ground level, in the middle of the viv. Do you have any concerns about humidity level? Would love to know if the high level water bowl works.

Mystery may be a bit camera shy but she has some lovely colours and strong markings.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 22/03/2010 04:18:10
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

419 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  13:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww that looks awesome

0.1.0 Crested Gecko: Keiko
2.1.0 Corn Snakes: Picollo, Morph, Sookie
0.1.0 Royal Python: Luna
0.0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake: Chilli
2.4.0 Leopard Geckos: Cleo, Echo, Tiffin, Roley, Scarlett, Ludwig
1.0.0 Understanding Boyfriend: Nick

www.vickyexotics.webs.com

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  13:36:40  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Mystery is a very lucky snake! You have done an amazing job with her viv.

Like the idea of the water bowls....but have never seen anything like that for corns before, on a shelf. You also have another water bowl at ground level, in the middle of the viv. Do you have any concerns about humidity level? Would love to know if the high level water bowl works.

Mystery may be a bit camera shy but she has some lovely colours and strong markings.

xxx

i was a little concerned with the water shelf and for the first week or so mystery didnt go near it. Its been in there a fair few weeks now, and can happily say that he is drinking, climbing and it takes his weight without giving in. so thats a thumbs up.

in regards to humidity, my levels have dropped. they are averaging 30% im trying to get them up. not sure why they dropped so much this year though. could be my increased ambient temps. I used to have a steady 50-60. i introduced the water dish to help increase them.

generally though i havent had any extreme humidity issues to deal with. light water spray once in a while. hes very happy, active and i think on the prowl for a girlie ;)
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  14:36:07  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry too much about humidity, its not an extreme factor when it comes to corns. Im sure 30% would be ok.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  05:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ari

i was a little concerned with the water shelf and for the first week or so mystery didnt go near it. Its been in there a fair few weeks now, and can happily say that he is drinking, climbing and it takes his weight without giving in. so thats a thumbs up.

in regards to humidity, my levels have dropped. they are averaging 30% im trying to get them up. not sure why they dropped so much this year though. could be my increased ambient temps. I used to have a steady 50-60. i introduced the water dish to help increase them.

generally though i havent had any extreme humidity issues to deal with. light water spray once in a while. hes very happy, active and i think on the prowl for a girlie ;)

That is really interesting to hear, am glad I asked the question! To be honest I have never checked the humidity in my snakes' vivs and never felt the need to, but did wonder whether having 3 water bowls would add to the overall humidity. I guess a factor in the drop in humidity may be that the 2 bowls on the shelf are in the ambient temperature and are therefore not evaporating like a bowl on the viv floor would, even on the cool side?? But then again I may be talking complete rubbish !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  16:44:03  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that could be the case. i recently bought the exo terra canopy, with the two spot lamps. they generate a small amount of heat, enough to raise ambient temp. these could be evaporating the water in the air too quickly. the water in the bowls seem fine though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000