The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Gingers first propper meal since December!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Twi Posted - 17/03/2010 : 21:37:30
So as most of you know Ginger stopped eating, after try and trying I decided to try to get himt o eat a fluff, he ate two, the next week i tried him on a small mouse he refused, week after that i tried him on another small mouse and he ate it but refused the second, next week i tried him on a large mouse and he refused it. Today i saw him lookign around the viv his tongue flicking away so I thought I would give him a go with a large mouse. Well, i was so happy when he struck the mouse and started swallowing it I almost cried (totally blaming the hormones for that one) fingers crossed he eats again next week and we have him back to his normal weekly feeding.

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 18/03/2010 : 21:45:12
Good news, mine has refused food for three weeks now, I spoke to the reptile shop at the weekend and they said it was quite normal when the ambient temp drops, I'm hoping it won't last much longer.
HannahB Posted - 18/03/2010 : 16:00:31
am glad hes fed for you - fingers crossed he feeds next time aswell for you
nice pics
Kellog Posted - 18/03/2010 : 03:31:38
I can totally understand you crying Twi (and it is not only the hormones, it is such a relief when they do finally eat!) Am so glad you got this feed on camera so we could see it to. Thanks.

Looks like Silvesta is heading in the same direction as Ginger - roaming the viv and was feed day yesterday, but would only take the one medium mouse, refused the other one. It also looks as though Kellog might be doing the same thing, he is certainly more active than normal. Just hope Silvesta doesnt go as long as Kellog went last time - 13 long weeks! He just doesnt have the weight to lose. I know they dont lose much as it is a 'natural fast' but it is still a worrying time....I like my snakes eating!

xxx
mozacchio Posted - 17/03/2010 : 22:43:39
I'm happy for you! I bet the whole situation is very stressful.. :/
But don't worry, it's gonna be fine!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000