Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Gingers first propper meal since December!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  21:37:30  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So as most of you know Ginger stopped eating, after try and trying I decided to try to get himt o eat a fluff, he ate two, the next week i tried him on a small mouse he refused, week after that i tried him on another small mouse and he ate it but refused the second, next week i tried him on a large mouse and he refused it. Today i saw him lookign around the viv his tongue flicking away so I thought I would give him a go with a large mouse. Well, i was so happy when he struck the mouse and started swallowing it I almost cried (totally blaming the hormones for that one) fingers crossed he eats again next week and we have him back to his normal weekly feeding.

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  22:43:39  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm happy for you! I bet the whole situation is very stressful.. :/
But don't worry, it's gonna be fine!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  03:31:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can totally understand you crying Twi (and it is not only the hormones, it is such a relief when they do finally eat!) Am so glad you got this feed on camera so we could see it to. Thanks.

Looks like Silvesta is heading in the same direction as Ginger - roaming the viv and was feed day yesterday, but would only take the one medium mouse, refused the other one. It also looks as though Kellog might be doing the same thing, he is certainly more active than normal. Just hope Silvesta doesnt go as long as Kellog went last time - 13 long weeks! He just doesnt have the weight to lose. I know they dont lose much as it is a 'natural fast' but it is still a worrying time....I like my snakes eating!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  16:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
am glad hes fed for you - fingers crossed he feeds next time aswell for you
nice pics

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  21:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news, mine has refused food for three weeks now, I spoke to the reptile shop at the weekend and they said it was quite normal when the ambient temp drops, I'm hoping it won't last much longer.

Tina and Medusa x

1.0.0 normal corn - Medusa
1.1.0 cats - George and Meg
0.0.0.4 Giant African Snails

Location Cranleigh, Surrey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000