The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Bella's first feeding with us!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fal Posted - 11/02/2010 : 22:23:20
Hi folks, unfortunately I only have one photo that turned out even half decent (if that), but next week i'll try get a better one, borrow my fathers camera or something, instead of using my phone!

It was soooooo cool feeding her though! We saw it at the store we got her from, but to have her feed in our own home was great - made us feel like she's really settled in now! We handled her a bit first, and then we put her in the tub she came in and then in went the pinke. Her tongue started flicking like mad and she lazily ambled up to it, sniffed and tasted it, and then casually wolfed it down! :D
I was so surprised at how fast it literally went down her body, and when she seemed to start moving about a bit again, we popped her back in her faun where she casually burrowed under her aspen.

Anyway, so on a high now and here's a pic below. Oh and my bro's cali king snake fed tonight too at his - struck and coiled!

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fal Posted - 12/02/2010 : 20:29:24
Thanks Kellog, I know we'll find it exciting every time too and lol yeah Skorps, she did that!! Was so cute and funny.

Trust me when I get my dad round, she'll think him and his telephoto lens are part of the furniture and there'll be plenty of pics lol
n/a Posted - 12/02/2010 : 17:04:58
Congratulations!

My First feed was SOO stressful- but only because I had managed to convince myself that Slinx would be a Non-Feeder- but NO chance of that! Now when she gets popped in the RUB shes Looking for that Lil Ol' Pinkie!!

Did she do the "Poke You With My Nose" thing??
Slinx gives it a Good poke with her nose and then... CHOMP! Gotcha!

Glad all went well!! Get your Dads Camera!!

:)

xXxXx
SexyBear77 Posted - 12/02/2010 : 09:42:50
So glad she fed well for you.

Normally you should try and avoid handling too much before a feed, especially for young snakes just in case they get stressed and don't want to eat.

But hey, she ate so its all good!
Kellog Posted - 12/02/2010 : 03:50:11
John, that is fantastic news and fantastic to see (even if the pic is a bit blurry....we dont care !!)

So good to hear that Bella fed so well first time with you and I promise that it stays exciting no matter how many feeds you do - well...I find it exciting each feeding time, but then I probably need to get a life ! Sounds like you did everything right, well done !

Glad your bro's king fed as well, not surprised he struck and coiled - from what I hear kings are like that!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000