New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  22:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks, unfortunately I only have one photo that turned out even half decent (if that), but next week i'll try get a better one, borrow my fathers camera or something, instead of using my phone!

It was soooooo cool feeding her though! We saw it at the store we got her from, but to have her feed in our own home was great - made us feel like she's really settled in now! We handled her a bit first, and then we put her in the tub she came in and then in went the pinke. Her tongue started flicking like mad and she lazily ambled up to it, sniffed and tasted it, and then casually wolfed it down! :D
I was so surprised at how fast it literally went down her body, and when she seemed to start moving about a bit again, we popped her back in her faun where she casually burrowed under her aspen.

Anyway, so on a high now and here's a pic below. Oh and my bro's cali king snake fed tonight too at his - struck and coiled!

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  03:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, that is fantastic news and fantastic to see (even if the pic is a bit blurry....we dont care !!)

So good to hear that Bella fed so well first time with you and I promise that it stays exciting no matter how many feeds you do - well...I find it exciting each feeding time, but then I probably need to get a life ! Sounds like you did everything right, well done !

Glad your bro's king fed as well, not surprised he struck and coiled - from what I hear kings are like that!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  09:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad she fed well for you.

Normally you should try and avoid handling too much before a feed, especially for young snakes just in case they get stressed and don't want to eat.

But hey, she ate so its all good!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  17:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

My First feed was SOO stressful- but only because I had managed to convince myself that Slinx would be a Non-Feeder- but NO chance of that! Now when she gets popped in the RUB shes Looking for that Lil Ol' Pinkie!!

Did she do the "Poke You With My Nose" thing??
Slinx gives it a Good poke with her nose and then... CHOMP! Gotcha!

Glad all went well!! Get your Dads Camera!!

:)

xXxXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  20:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kellog, I know we'll find it exciting every time too and lol yeah Skorps, she did that!! Was so cute and funny.

Trust me when I get my dad round, she'll think him and his telephoto lens are part of the furniture and there'll be plenty of pics lol

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000