The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Tips needed for good photos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kdlang Posted - 07/01/2010 : 13:03:15
After looking at all the photos being put on here I am amazed by how good most of them are.

Please can you give me some tips on how to get good photos of Alice. He moves so quickly that most of the pics I take are unuseable and I don't want to stress him out by trying to take too many.
What cameras do you all have? I'm using a Fujifilm A150 and i'm finding it hard to get the settings right.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 08/01/2010 : 22:46:23
Thanks everyone. I'm going to try some of your tips in a couple of days. We fed Alice this evening so will have to wait to get more pictures. We videoed her eating altho it wasn't as crisp as our vids usually are. Not sure why as I left my son with the camera as I tempted Alice with mousey.
matty18714 Posted - 08/01/2010 : 17:43:42
Put the snake on a smooth surface so they cant get any grip, they wont move as fast. Dont do this with a timid snake though, it will just freak out.
HannahB Posted - 08/01/2010 : 17:35:13
put corn on a surface with a bowl or hide over them, let them settle for a bit and then whip the hide of and pap em before they can get away!

i havent tried this yet but its how a lot of the pics on iansviv were taken
Lilpunk Posted - 08/01/2010 : 17:24:38
I use marco for my close-shots of Dimika, and as said before, natural light is the best way to go, but more often than not, I have to stick with artificial x).
Kellog Posted - 08/01/2010 : 04:31:36
Personally I just keep clicking and hope that out of the many I take I might get one good shot ! Have never mastered macro tho , would love to.

xxx
Rik Posted - 08/01/2010 : 00:52:58
Be patient! All of my pics are off my LG Viewty mobile phone. The OH didnt get the hints I wanted a good camera for Xmas and bought me hours of painfull tattoo's (oh im so hard done too!). Learn the features of what you have got and try them all out. As skorps and others said macro is good (my phone has it) and natural daylight seem to always work well. Most camera's have an activity mode or repeat shot. Speaking for myself and possibly other members we only post the best one's. It also help's if snakie is feeling photogenic and not making a mad dash out to play in the snow. Some times I just give up.
n/a Posted - 07/01/2010 : 18:09:15
Macro is AMAZING!!!
Really good for pics!
kizzig Posted - 07/01/2010 : 14:35:12
The "flower" setting is your macro, so you should get some good close-ups with that.
n/a Posted - 07/01/2010 : 13:58:08
Hi Karen,
My photo's are always very hit or miss! But I have found that photo's taken in natural daylight are much better, otherwise using the flash rebounds off of the snake! I only have a basic digital camera, so I use the "flower" setting for close up/small objects. Medusa rarely stays still long enough for a good shot, so maybe get 1 in 10 half decent shots! Good luck and just keep clicking :-)
kizzig Posted - 07/01/2010 : 13:24:05
We use quite a fast shutter speed and make sure that the macros are on (with good lighting - essential when using macro) to ensure more accurate colour representation.
lmfastcars Posted - 07/01/2010 : 13:21:03
I just keep taking pictures untill the right one comes along. More oftern than not, it's quick but sometimes he just don't stay still

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000