The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Lucien feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lucifer Posted - 20/07/2009 : 17:28:06
Looking a bit dull ready for his shed

Messy eater VV

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lucifer Posted - 21/07/2009 : 00:55:14
quote:
Originally posted by kevind1989

also were do you get your fonts from?

http://www.dafont.com/
n/a Posted - 21/07/2009 : 00:47:30
also were do you get your fonts from?
lucifer Posted - 21/07/2009 : 00:15:16
quote:
Originally posted by kevind1989

nice, do u have pics up of your blizz? would love one and what sorta price are they?

Well its not in my possession yet, I'm collecting it at the Donny show in sept if all goes well with its feeding.
I've paid £50 for a female blizzard from a breeder.

hiper2009 if you want to send me some photos of champagne to lucien.snake@googlemail.com I'll have a crack next week when I'm back home.
n/a Posted - 20/07/2009 : 23:56:51
nice, do u have pics up of your blizz? would love one and what sorta price are they?
lucifer Posted - 20/07/2009 : 22:47:29
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009
Oh great thanks for the info bud. Also how do i get a sig with my snake can u make me one please if you dont mind :P and btw im calling my snake Champagne !

Also im going to use bark as bedding its not the aspen stuff its the other stuff but i might use shered white paper as its cheap and easy to maintain at the moment due to the viv + snake + food + bowl and accessories costing me a lil over 160 quid tomorrow so i will be spending my whole wage from work on the snake, until i get paid again then thats when i can buy his proper bedding but is the paper sherds ok to use for a temp like for around 7 days.

I'll drop you an email after I come back from working Bestival about making a sig mate.
(Unless someone else makes one by the time I come back )

I use kitchen towel with a tiny bit of aspen in the corners and inside the hides at the mo for my hatchling.
hiper2009 Posted - 20/07/2009 : 22:42:15
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

quote:
Oh are you suppose to feed out of the viv do i have to do that when i collect my snake tomorrow and he gets fed on a thursday please tell me i dont know what to do and do i use feeding tongs as i dont fancy touching the mouse as it gives me the creeeps.

If your using aspen or another substrate like that its best to feed them outside the viv as you won't want them to ingest any substrate whilst eating.
Plus on a selfish note its easier to watch and take pictures

I also use feeding tongs, you can simulate the movement of a mouse so the snake will "strike" it if you want.
Also if your directly touching a mouse the snake will pick up the scent on your hand and might bite the wrong object.
I left it for 7 days after I collected him before I fed Lucien, just as a personal preference it gave him chance to get over the excitement of moving. A stressed snake may not feed, so don't worry if he doesn't eat in that first week.

Oh great thanks for the info bud. Also how do i get a sig with my snake can u make me one please if you dont mind :P and btw im calling my snake Champagne !

Also im going to use bark as bedding its not the aspen stuff its the other stuff but i might use shered white paper as its cheap and easy to maintain at the moment due to the viv + snake + food + bowl and accessories costing me a lil over 160 quid tomorrow so i will be spending my whole wage from work on the snake, until i get paid again then thats when i can buy his proper bedding but is the paper sherds ok to use for a temp like for around 7 days.
Dazzetski Posted - 20/07/2009 : 22:40:55
You don't have to, I don't with my royals but have done tonight with the corns. The possible problem of feeding in the viv is that snakey might take in some of the substrate which can cause impaction. It's a personal choice I guess, no doubt some feed in & some feed out.
lucifer Posted - 20/07/2009 : 22:34:53
quote:
Oh are you suppose to feed out of the viv do i have to do that when i collect my snake tomorrow and he gets fed on a thursday please tell me i dont know what to do and do i use feeding tongs as i dont fancy touching the mouse as it gives me the creeeps.

If your using aspen or another substrate like that its best to feed them outside the viv as you won't want them to ingest any substrate whilst eating.
Plus on a selfish note its easier to watch and take pictures

I also use feeding tongs, you can simulate the movement of a mouse so the snake will "strike" it if you want.
Also if your directly touching a mouse the snake will pick up the scent on your hand and might bite the wrong object.
I left it for 7 days after I collected him before I fed Lucien, just as a personal preference it gave him chance to get over the excitement of moving. A stressed snake may not feed, so don't worry if he doesn't eat in that first week.
hiper2009 Posted - 20/07/2009 : 22:24:30
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

Looking a bit dull ready for his shed

Messy eater VV

HannahB Posted - 20/07/2009 : 20:41:01
aw theres my iccle guy!
he looks a cleaner eater than mont - he gets in a right twist lol
King_Kruss Posted - 20/07/2009 : 18:48:50
great pics luke xxx
Remmy Posted - 20/07/2009 : 18:02:03
Cute little snake

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000