The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Sunshine Snakes.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Auld Baldy Posted - 09/06/2013 : 01:55:41
Found a Dragon's wing bone to use as a perch for the snakes out for the first time in the sun. I think they loved it. None wanted to go back home.

Oooooh! Yeaaaa!

I am a very rare Corn Tree Python.

Ooooh! I could get used to this.

Proof that the Rattler is now completely broken. He might need a new name now.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
monalisa70 Posted - 10/06/2013 : 22:28:01
great pics ,lovely snakes.
Auld Baldy Posted - 10/06/2013 : 20:49:12
Thanks, I'm well chuffed with Rattler. Since I got him he'd go running for cover if I even looked at him.

Over the last couple of months I started putting my hand palm down in the viv and leaving it there for up to 15 minutes (still attached I hasten to add) and let him have a sniff around. Then he'd partially slide over a couple of fingers then retreat. He gradually built up to sliding right over my hand. After that is was raising the hand in stages then same again palm up. Eventually tried gently closing the palm around and let him slide through. Once he was doing this without signs of being nervous I tried lifting him out .. and he was fine.

Not much of a write up for 10 months graft but proof that a bit of patience is all it takes. It's been worth it.
Kellog Posted - 10/06/2013 : 20:23:31
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

I was suffering from sunstroke and got a wee bit confusticated where I was posting on the forum. ........

yup! That's Big T my first Miami Corn in the first pic........I had a bit of a struggle getting his tail unwrapped........

It has taken 10 months of 15 second handling sessions to win over Rattler. This was only his second time out of the viv for a proper handling session.

I let Fester have a slither in the grass. He reached a patch of clover and was off like a rocket. Photos of me chasing after him like a big galloot trying to catch him are unavailable. ........

I guess if I take the sunstroke and your venerable age into account, you are forgiven .

Figured it had to be Big T....not many like him. He is a true beast of a corn and a beautiful advertisement for our breed . I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with their snakes in the garden. What with trying to keep them still enough on branches to take pics, then trying to remove them from said branches and they decide that's the time they want to stay still and hold on as tight as possible and finally letting them have a slither on the grass and them heading straight for the flower bed at full speed !! Don't know why we put ourselves through it . Pity about the pics of you chasing Fester being unavailable .

You've done a brilliant job with Rattler . I'm sure there are many people who would have given in long ago. He is truly blessed having you as his owner....mainly because you're stubborn and aren't going to let a snake get the better of you !!

Xxx
smart bunny Posted - 09/06/2013 : 17:56:06
Look forward to the (blood strewn) pics of El Diablo :P Plus really looking forward to Vambo pics when he's all nice and shiny!
Auld Baldy Posted - 09/06/2013 : 16:10:49
Figs, Yep! Big T is Taggart's stage name now.

I've still got Mirkey, Blaze and Vambo to get out in the sun. Vambo has the blues and is under a damp towel for the time being so I hope the sun lasts until he's done shedding. Depending on how El Diablo behaves, he might get out too.

Tell you, it's not doing my knees any favours traipsing up and down the stairs.
scottishbluebird Posted - 09/06/2013 : 16:00:57
Brilliant pics!!!!
Figs Posted - 09/06/2013 : 15:30:53
Great looking gang!
Taggart(?) is mahooosive
Lee Posted - 09/06/2013 : 15:29:29
excellent pics, thanks for sharing
Auld Baldy Posted - 09/06/2013 : 14:50:15
I was suffering from sunstroke and got a wee bit confusticated where I was posting on the forum. I took about 90 pics but these are just a sample. The others have recently been fed and Vambo is in blue, so lots more to come.

yup! That's Big T my first Miami Corn in the first pic. He's around 8/9 years old, just shy of 1 kg and 5 feet. 1 kg or more is not unusual for male Corns of this age and size, ie 5 years and 5 feet plus. As long as they are active, not over fed and don't have obviously fat hips then it is fine. He's well built and pretty strong with it. I had a bit of a struggle getting his tail unwrapped when it was 'Wee' Woody's turn for a shot. Yes, that is Wee Woody all grown up into a Carolina Tree Python. He's near enough the 4' mark.

It has taken 10 months of 15 second handling sessions to win over Rattler. This was only his second time out of the viv for a proper handling session.

I let Fester have a slither in the grass. He reached a patch of clover and was off like a rocket. Photos of me chasing after him like a big galloot trying to catch him are unavailable.

Our local chip shop is doing a special just now, deep fried chocolate coated Dragon Wings with a sack of chips and a gallon of chilli dipping sauce.

Just wait until I get a couple of photos of my Balrog Skull fossil.
mjpeters Posted - 09/06/2013 : 09:33:55
Wowser!totaly awesome pics
just how heavy/long/age is that GORGEOUS corn?
I'm worrying over my 5'9'' corn that's over 1k.and your lovely 'Corn Tree Python'looks huge.

Oh dear,I feel a bit'wrong' even 'dirty'asking a man how big his snake is
my bad
Mamma Posted - 09/06/2013 : 09:32:28
awesome pics
Moppet Posted - 09/06/2013 : 09:15:45
Great photos, the snakes look like they're having a great time!
Kellog Posted - 09/06/2013 : 08:19:25
Hmmm....do I see some snakes here that AREN'T corns ??!! I'll just pretend I haven't seen them....which is SO hard because they are handsome snakes, especially Rattler.

Now getting back to the CORN , is that Mr T? Looks big and beautiful. I love the pic of the very rare corn tree python .

Wish I had a dragon's wing bone in my garden....anything like it has got too many places for my snakes to explore. There is no chance of them staying still when there is climbing to be done!

Xxx
smart bunny Posted - 09/06/2013 : 07:47:50
Dragon's wing bone lol! Lovely pics of shiny snakes :D
nusnakemum Posted - 09/06/2013 : 07:25:01
great photos !

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000