Sunshine Snakes.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  01:55:41  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Found a Dragon's wing bone to use as a perch for the snakes out for the first time in the sun. I think they loved it. None wanted to go back home.

Oooooh! Yeaaaa!

I am a very rare Corn Tree Python.

Ooooh! I could get used to this.

Proof that the Rattler is now completely broken. He might need a new name now.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  07:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great photos !

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  07:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dragon's wing bone lol! Lovely pics of shiny snakes :D

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  08:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm....do I see some snakes here that AREN'T corns ??!! I'll just pretend I haven't seen them....which is SO hard because they are handsome snakes, especially Rattler.

Now getting back to the CORN , is that Mr T? Looks big and beautiful. I love the pic of the very rare corn tree python .

Wish I had a dragon's wing bone in my garden....anything like it has got too many places for my snakes to explore. There is no chance of them staying still when there is climbing to be done!

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  09:15:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great photos, the snakes look like they're having a great time!

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  09:32:28  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awesome pics

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  09:33:55  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wowser!totaly awesome pics
just how heavy/long/age is that GORGEOUS corn?
I'm worrying over my 5'9'' corn that's over 1k.and your lovely 'Corn Tree Python'looks huge.

Oh dear,I feel a bit'wrong' even 'dirty'asking a man how big his snake is
my bad
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  14:50:15  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was suffering from sunstroke and got a wee bit confusticated where I was posting on the forum. I took about 90 pics but these are just a sample. The others have recently been fed and Vambo is in blue, so lots more to come.

yup! That's Big T my first Miami Corn in the first pic. He's around 8/9 years old, just shy of 1 kg and 5 feet. 1 kg or more is not unusual for male Corns of this age and size, ie 5 years and 5 feet plus. As long as they are active, not over fed and don't have obviously fat hips then it is fine. He's well built and pretty strong with it. I had a bit of a struggle getting his tail unwrapped when it was 'Wee' Woody's turn for a shot. Yes, that is Wee Woody all grown up into a Carolina Tree Python. He's near enough the 4' mark.

It has taken 10 months of 15 second handling sessions to win over Rattler. This was only his second time out of the viv for a proper handling session.

I let Fester have a slither in the grass. He reached a patch of clover and was off like a rocket. Photos of me chasing after him like a big galloot trying to catch him are unavailable.

Our local chip shop is doing a special just now, deep fried chocolate coated Dragon Wings with a sack of chips and a gallon of chilli dipping sauce.

Just wait until I get a couple of photos of my Balrog Skull fossil.

Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  15:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
excellent pics, thanks for sharing

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  15:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking gang!
Taggart(?) is mahooosive
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  16:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant pics!!!!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  16:10:49  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Figs, Yep! Big T is Taggart's stage name now.

I've still got Mirkey, Blaze and Vambo to get out in the sun. Vambo has the blues and is under a damp towel for the time being so I hope the sun lasts until he's done shedding. Depending on how El Diablo behaves, he might get out too.

Tell you, it's not doing my knees any favours traipsing up and down the stairs.

Edited by - Auld Baldy on 09/06/2013 16:12:18
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  17:56:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look forward to the (blood strewn) pics of El Diablo :P Plus really looking forward to Vambo pics when he's all nice and shiny!

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  20:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

I was suffering from sunstroke and got a wee bit confusticated where I was posting on the forum. ........

yup! That's Big T my first Miami Corn in the first pic........I had a bit of a struggle getting his tail unwrapped........

It has taken 10 months of 15 second handling sessions to win over Rattler. This was only his second time out of the viv for a proper handling session.

I let Fester have a slither in the grass. He reached a patch of clover and was off like a rocket. Photos of me chasing after him like a big galloot trying to catch him are unavailable. ........

I guess if I take the sunstroke and your venerable age into account, you are forgiven .

Figured it had to be Big T....not many like him. He is a true beast of a corn and a beautiful advertisement for our breed . I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with their snakes in the garden. What with trying to keep them still enough on branches to take pics, then trying to remove them from said branches and they decide that's the time they want to stay still and hold on as tight as possible and finally letting them have a slither on the grass and them heading straight for the flower bed at full speed !! Don't know why we put ourselves through it . Pity about the pics of you chasing Fester being unavailable .

You've done a brilliant job with Rattler . I'm sure there are many people who would have given in long ago. He is truly blessed having you as his owner....mainly because you're stubborn and aren't going to let a snake get the better of you !!

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  20:49:12  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'm well chuffed with Rattler. Since I got him he'd go running for cover if I even looked at him.

Over the last couple of months I started putting my hand palm down in the viv and leaving it there for up to 15 minutes (still attached I hasten to add) and let him have a sniff around. Then he'd partially slide over a couple of fingers then retreat. He gradually built up to sliding right over my hand. After that is was raising the hand in stages then same again palm up. Eventually tried gently closing the palm around and let him slide through. Once he was doing this without signs of being nervous I tried lifting him out .. and he was fine.

Not much of a write up for 10 months graft but proof that a bit of patience is all it takes. It's been worth it.

Go to Top of Page

monalisa70
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  22:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great pics ,lovely snakes.

4.2.5 corns
2.1.0 royals
1 BCI
1 MBK
Go to Top of Page