The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Fat snake!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mjpeters Posted - 01/06/2013 : 19:37:57
Here's sunny

I tried and failed to put these on 'morphs'bit,so here they are again-using the old method of posting!!
She's seriously fat

Lots of creased scales

Very yellow

Yellow eyes

Pink tongue.

I bolted a java wood 'parrot perch'through the viv to make a 'gym'for her

with dunelm ivy of course!
Any ideas as to her morph?or haw I can slim her down?
Thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mjpeters Posted - 02/06/2013 : 20:49:23
I was wondering if she was fat because of not moving of her 'hot spot'spider matt?
She is up her tree at the moment;
from what I've managed to find great plains rat snakes do regularly reach over 6ft,and not surprisingly rats are a better food for them than mice.Hybrids can get bigger than either parent.
As for the Zoo,the Juve Humans are the most 'interesting'and challengingbut here goes:

Humans 5 (2.3)
Dogs 2
Cichlids innumerable-3 tanks in linked systems total 1200litres
Carp pond 10500gallons-various fish occaisionaly a Heron OR Cormorant
Wildlife pond 625gallons-various seasonal newts,frogs,toads,dragonflies etc
Garden beasties,various seasonal-Slow worms,grass snakes,hedgepigs,foxes,pheasants,red squirrels,jays,heronsall manner of small birdiesand occaisional mad bad badger
Slug snakes (OH's BALLS) 4
Cornsnakes 8 (3.5)

That's all the permanent residents!
BUT also,temporary foster(puppy walk)assorted mutts,and pet sit when needed.

No real expansion plans-apart from feeding Figs human sized cake for snakey
maybe if one crosses our path a Hoggie and little green Housie.

Were blessed to live where we do,the Isle of Wight is lovely,very dog friendly and still very greenBUT a bit like living with a 'time lag' you know britain in the 50's

Kellog Posted - 02/06/2013 : 20:07:43
I'm not sure if the pics are deceiving but it's hard to believe Sunny got to this size eating just fluffs....although I guess they are fairly high in fat and she was eating doubles. Do you have a plan for changing her feeding?

Wish I could help out with the black 'Nagini' snake, but unless it was delivered to my doorstep with a full set-up my OH's answer would be 'NO' . I can't believe they were going to house the 2 snakes together !

So how many do you have in your menagerie now....and when is it going to stop ??

Xxx
mjpeters Posted - 02/06/2013 : 17:45:01
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog
As has been said, stairs are great and lots of handling. I think a big thing will be changing her feeding schedule. What's she eating at the moment? More suggestions in Is your snake a fatty?

Xxx

They showed me some mice a size up from fluffy's and said 2-3 every 5-6 days.They also said they could not afford to feed her any more.
Honestly didn't plan on another snake-they were advertising a viv!
She was on about 3" of those wood chips and had a spider matt-they told me she stayed in her hide on top of her spider matt most of the time.
Her viv. was a 3ft vivexotic. They were going to put her in with a big black snake(looked like the black Nagini snake)in the viv above hers.
So she came home to join the menagerie.

Question is;Does anyone fancy rescuing a black 'Nagini'snake?
I collect my daughter from bournemouth uni.at the end of this week and could bring it over?
Kellog Posted - 02/06/2013 : 08:22:29
You know I'm useless with morphs ....but, as Smartbunny has said, she looks like a caramel to me - http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/caramel/ Her colours are beautiful and I'm sure she will be too once she's slimmed down a bit .

As has been said, stairs are great and lots of handling. I think a big thing will be changing her feeding schedule. What's she eating at the moment? More suggestions in Is your snake a fatty?

Xxx
smart bunny Posted - 02/06/2013 : 08:12:05
Another one, at this rate you're going to need another house by Christmas lol!!! Lovely snake (well she will be especially once you get her slimmed down!). Looks like a caramel to me :)
mjpeters Posted - 01/06/2013 : 23:23:45
Yup,stairs work or,I could pretend she is one of our baby royals(Bugarit&Bugarum)they seem to spend a fair bit of time as 'liberty snakes'
scottishbluebird Posted - 01/06/2013 : 22:16:42
I am useless with morphs, but stairs are a good

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000