The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 whats this then???TESSERA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mjpeters Posted - 17/04/2013 : 00:02:41

Any ideas? thought it looked very tessera'ish
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Isoldael Posted - 20/04/2013 : 19:27:53
Although I love the patterning, I don't really like the cali king colouration that's still inthere. Stunning snake though!
paulie78 Posted - 20/04/2013 : 17:02:48
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

Thanks Kelogg-duly noted,I thought this was soo VERY stunning I wanted to share-aparently all the corns in its make-up were normals.One parent being corn/king cross the other a regular corn.
It made me wonder about the snakes that are found in the wild?
Does anyone remember the Polar/Grizzly Bear hybrid that was shot a few years ago?
Maybe the same is happening with corns-as there is more pressure on them and they are coming into contact with other snakes as the range overlap?

Thinks its most likely if a King Met a corn in the wild then its first instinct would be to eat it not mate with it lol
mjpeters Posted - 17/04/2013 : 16:07:36
Thanks Kelogg-duly noted,I thought this was soo VERY stunning I wanted to share-aparently all the corns in its make-up were normals.One parent being corn/king cross the other a regular corn.
It made me wonder about the snakes that are found in the wild?
Does anyone remember the Polar/Grizzly Bear hybrid that was shot a few years ago?
Maybe the same is happening with corns-as there is more pressure on them and they are coming into contact with other snakes as the range overlap?
Kellog Posted - 17/04/2013 : 08:25:32
You are right about a cross between a Cali king and a corn being a jungle corn.....but other than that I know nothing !

Whatever it is, it is stunning ! I wouldn't mind adding that to my collection and its very rare I say that.

A word of warning....not sure what the rules on here are but if they're like the Facebook group ones then you shouldn't post pics that aren't your own, unless you have permission. I may be totally wrong but thought it worth mentioning.

Xxx
AcidicAngel Posted - 17/04/2013 : 03:53:08
Pretty sure it's called a Jungle Corn an is a hybrid between a Cali King and a Corn snake. Markings vary a lot though. I did a video on some snake hybrids on Youtube and they are mentioned in that
I do believe, however, that the genes of each snake count towards what the hatchling will look like. For example, if the mother was a Tessera Corn and the father was a Normal Corn x Cali King it would end up like this. Something else to confuse you though, a snake that is 25% cali king and 75% corn is classed as a Super Corn. However I have a feeling this may be a mashed up Jungle Super Corn of some form looking at the patterning. AKA, a mash up of different hybrids to make a pretty snake.
mjpeters Posted - 17/04/2013 : 00:23:52
Found this pic.this snake is only 25% cali king.That is to say one parent was half cali king/corn the other was a corn.
There were 3 in the clutch like this and the rest were normal,with nothing inbetween.
Sooo,how much does the cali.king range overlap with corns?
are they genetic distinct?
Will Tessera's end up (10yrs or so down the line)with Ultra's classified as hybrid ?
Does anyone care?
They are super looking snakes and lets face it who wouldn't find room for one?!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000