whats this then???TESSERA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  00:02:41  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Any ideas? thought it looked very tessera'ish

Edited by - a33272 on 20/04/2013 16:32:15

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  00:23:52  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Found this pic.this snake is only 25% cali king.That is to say one parent was half cali king/corn the other was a corn.
There were 3 in the clutch like this and the rest were normal,with nothing inbetween.
Sooo,how much does the cali.king range overlap with corns?
are they genetic distinct?
Will Tessera's end up (10yrs or so down the line)with Ultra's classified as hybrid ?
Does anyone care?
They are super looking snakes and lets face it who wouldn't find room for one?!!
Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  03:53:08  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure it's called a Jungle Corn an is a hybrid between a Cali King and a Corn snake. Markings vary a lot though. I did a video on some snake hybrids on Youtube and they are mentioned in that
I do believe, however, that the genes of each snake count towards what the hatchling will look like. For example, if the mother was a Tessera Corn and the father was a Normal Corn x Cali King it would end up like this. Something else to confuse you though, a snake that is 25% cali king and 75% corn is classed as a Super Corn. However I have a feeling this may be a mashed up Jungle Super Corn of some form looking at the patterning. AKA, a mash up of different hybrids to make a pretty snake.

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.

Edited by - AcidicAngel on 17/04/2013 03:56:57
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  08:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right about a cross between a Cali king and a corn being a jungle corn.....but other than that I know nothing !

Whatever it is, it is stunning ! I wouldn't mind adding that to my collection and its very rare I say that.

A word of warning....not sure what the rules on here are but if they're like the Facebook group ones then you shouldn't post pics that aren't your own, unless you have permission. I may be totally wrong but thought it worth mentioning.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2013 :  16:07:36  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kelogg-duly noted,I thought this was soo VERY stunning I wanted to share-aparently all the corns in its make-up were normals.One parent being corn/king cross the other a regular corn.
It made me wonder about the snakes that are found in the wild?
Does anyone remember the Polar/Grizzly Bear hybrid that was shot a few years ago?
Maybe the same is happening with corns-as there is more pressure on them and they are coming into contact with other snakes as the range overlap?
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2013 :  17:02:48  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

Thanks Kelogg-duly noted,I thought this was soo VERY stunning I wanted to share-aparently all the corns in its make-up were normals.One parent being corn/king cross the other a regular corn.
It made me wonder about the snakes that are found in the wild?
Does anyone remember the Polar/Grizzly Bear hybrid that was shot a few years ago?
Maybe the same is happening with corns-as there is more pressure on them and they are coming into contact with other snakes as the range overlap?

Thinks its most likely if a King Met a corn in the wild then its first instinct would be to eat it not mate with it lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2013 :  19:27:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I love the patterning, I don't really like the cali king colouration that's still inthere. Stunning snake though!

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000