The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 New snake.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Elicia Posted - 19/06/2012 : 18:04:55
......unfortunately not mine :( lol

I helped my brother set his faun up last night(there was an excellent sticky on here that I sent him a link too and he really appreciated) and went with him to pick his first corn up today

Wasn't that many hatchlings in the local rep shop, but he had already decided he wanted an amel anyway (despite me trying to talk him into a snow )paid a little more more it because of its 'hets' (Im still pretty new to snake keeping and dont have any breeding intentions so am not very knowledgeable on all that sort of stuff)

Anyway though I would post a few pics of the new addition for you all (Im sure my bro will be signing up soon though!) so here is 'Jake' happy in his new home -

PS- I know that you are not supposed to handle for first week but Jake seems so confident and was out and about that I decided to feed him as he hadn't fed for 6 days. Defrosted a pinky and he wolfed it straight down! So was good for my brother to be reassured that feeding isnt going to be a problem. Ive told him to leave him now for a week with just water changes. x
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Elicia Posted - 23/06/2012 : 00:40:09
ahh thanks for that, I couldnt work out how to use that calculator thing! Im going to read up a bit more on the genetics, is mine het for stripe then? Howcome that is? Is it because the dad was stripe so would that mean jakes dad was a charcoal? :/ sooooooo confusing lol.

Ps- I see what everyone means now about corns having different 'personalities' when I got Percy I never saw her out in the viv for 4 months! He hasnt even had Jake a week and hes out all the time! His current hide is a paracetamol box cut in half (that how small he is!) and everytime you walk past he sticks his head out to have a look! x
Hissyfit Posted - 21/06/2012 : 13:58:11
Aww, he's cute
Donnie Posted - 21/06/2012 : 00:29:51
If I have put them in right this is what you will get (if yours is het stripe)

Male: Amel het Charcoal

Female: Normal het Stripe

Phenotype:

1 / 1 Normal het Amel 50% poss het. Charcoal, Stripe
Genotype:

1 / 4 Normal het Amel
1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Stripe
1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Charcoal
1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Charcoal, Stripe

Yep, you would get all normals
Elicia Posted - 21/06/2012 : 00:08:31
Just for fun, what would we get if we bred mine and his? His is amel het for charcoal and mine is a normal whos mum was normal and dad was normal stripe.

What would that make lol. I wouldn't dare breed them though, just seems so stressful! x
AcidicAngel Posted - 20/06/2012 : 10:44:00
Gorgeous Amel! Lovely little fella.

I'd love an Amel Stripe so I'm hoping my Corns have got some Hets in them for Stripe or Amel or something.
smart bunny Posted - 20/06/2012 : 10:27:42
Aww he's lovely - congrats to your bro! The hets are only of any interest to your brother if he breeds - it just affects what babies they can produce! Would probably be worth your brother making a note of them somewhere while he can remember what they are, just in case he wants to know in the future :p
QueenVic Posted - 19/06/2012 : 23:20:55
its the hardest part, letting them settle in with no handling lol.

Been waiting for my hatchies for what seems like forever and now I have to wait another week before I can have a proper good look at them haha.

Lovely snake though, I love amels when they're younger, look so cool. :D
ScalySituation Posted - 19/06/2012 : 22:05:06
pretty lil dude
lupi lou Posted - 19/06/2012 : 20:51:58
beautiful little snake!!
Elicia Posted - 19/06/2012 : 20:19:00
yes ive stuck my nose in a fair bit ha ha Ive been calling him to make sure hes keeping an eye on temps (just for first week) and isnt poking and prodding him! lol.

It was nice to be able to pass a bit of knowledge on to someone else (all learnt from the kind folk of here!)x
kev 5 Posted - 19/06/2012 : 19:58:24
looks good
343guiltyspark Posted - 19/06/2012 : 18:59:53
Awwwwwwww
Donnie Posted - 19/06/2012 : 18:49:54
He looks like he is having a good explore around, congratulations to your brother (and you as I am sure you will ne heavily involved :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000