New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elicia
Hatchling

222 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  18:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
......unfortunately not mine :( lol

I helped my brother set his faun up last night(there was an excellent sticky on here that I sent him a link too and he really appreciated) and went with him to pick his first corn up today

Wasn't that many hatchlings in the local rep shop, but he had already decided he wanted an amel anyway (despite me trying to talk him into a snow )paid a little more more it because of its 'hets' (Im still pretty new to snake keeping and dont have any breeding intentions so am not very knowledgeable on all that sort of stuff)

Anyway though I would post a few pics of the new addition for you all (Im sure my bro will be signing up soon though!) so here is 'Jake' happy in his new home -

PS- I know that you are not supposed to handle for first week but Jake seems so confident and was out and about that I decided to feed him as he hadn't fed for 6 days. Defrosted a pinky and he wolfed it straight down! So was good for my brother to be reassured that feeding isnt going to be a problem. Ive told him to leave him now for a week with just water changes. x

Normal Corn-Percy
Speckled King-Bumblebee

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  18:49:54  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He looks like he is having a good explore around, congratulations to your brother (and you as I am sure you will ne heavily involved :)

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

343guiltyspark
Hatchling

United Kingdom
451 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  18:59:53  Show Profile  Visit 343guiltyspark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awwwwwwww

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  19:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks good

Go to Top of Page

Elicia
Hatchling

222 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  20:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes ive stuck my nose in a fair bit ha ha Ive been calling him to make sure hes keeping an eye on temps (just for first week) and isnt poking and prodding him! lol.

It was nice to be able to pass a bit of knowledge on to someone else (all learnt from the kind folk of here!)x

Normal Corn-Percy
Speckled King-Bumblebee
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  20:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
beautiful little snake!!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  22:05:06  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
pretty lil dude

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2012 :  23:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its the hardest part, letting them settle in with no handling lol.

Been waiting for my hatchies for what seems like forever and now I have to wait another week before I can have a proper good look at them haha.

Lovely snake though, I love amels when they're younger, look so cool. :D

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  10:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww he's lovely - congrats to your bro! The hets are only of any interest to your brother if he breeds - it just affects what babies they can produce! Would probably be worth your brother making a note of them somewhere while he can remember what they are, just in case he wants to know in the future :p

Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2012 :  10:44:00  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous Amel! Lovely little fella.

I'd love an Amel Stripe so I'm hoping my Corns have got some Hets in them for Stripe or Amel or something.

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.
Go to Top of Page

Elicia
Hatchling

222 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  00:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just for fun, what would we get if we bred mine and his? His is amel het for charcoal and mine is a normal whos mum was normal and dad was normal stripe.

What would that make lol. I wouldn't dare breed them though, just seems so stressful! x

Normal Corn-Percy
Speckled King-Bumblebee
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  00:29:51  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If I have put them in right this is what you will get (if yours is het stripe)

Male: Amel het Charcoal

Female: Normal het Stripe

Phenotype:

1 / 1 Normal het Amel 50% poss het. Charcoal, Stripe
Genotype:

1 / 4 Normal het Amel
1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Stripe
1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Charcoal
1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Charcoal, Stripe

Yep, you would get all normals

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  13:58:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, he's cute

Go to Top of Page

Elicia
Hatchling

222 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2012 :  00:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahh thanks for that, I couldnt work out how to use that calculator thing! Im going to read up a bit more on the genetics, is mine het for stripe then? Howcome that is? Is it because the dad was stripe so would that mean jakes dad was a charcoal? :/ sooooooo confusing lol.

Ps- I see what everyone means now about corns having different 'personalities' when I got Percy I never saw her out in the viv for 4 months! He hasnt even had Jake a week and hes out all the time! His current hide is a paracetamol box cut in half (that how small he is!) and everytime you walk past he sticks his head out to have a look! x

Normal Corn-Percy
Speckled King-Bumblebee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000