The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 My egg update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tasha89 Posted - 10/06/2012 : 12:08:13
Hey, just thought id give you guys an update on my egg. They are doing well and look really good so far... Heres a picture from today at 3 weeks and 5 days since they have been laid...

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cobweb251 Posted - 12/07/2012 : 08:47:54
looking good
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 20:17:33
Here are some picture os the black in the amels eyes and the amel itself, however they are a lot more red in the fkesh than they are in the pictures:-

Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 16:11:48
Perfect thanks i think i will have to wait for them to shed and then see what the situation is :D
danny Posted - 10/07/2012 : 15:26:12
Ok im with you just had a play, just hope my female amel has hidden hets
NexivRed Posted - 10/07/2012 : 15:20:42
You can put amel motley. Just click the drop down on the male (left) side for amel and choose amel, and then scan your eye down the list on the left until you reach motley, click the drop down menu for it and select it.
danny Posted - 10/07/2012 : 15:18:25
i dont understand corncalc you cant put amel motley fot instance ot the correct hets etc? or is there a way?

Danny
danny Posted - 10/07/2012 : 15:16:13
i dont understand corncalc you cant put amel motley for instance or what the hets are?? or is there a way ?

Danny
manda88 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 15:13:46
Amels vary a lot, I've got two lots of amels from two different clutches here that have hatched over the past week and one load are proper red and orange, the other load are like pale orange. I don't think there's much difference (if any) between amels and hypo amels, it'd be impossible to tell the difference with hatchlings.
And yep normals are really dark when they first hatch, the saddles are almost black but they'll get lighter with each shed.
If you were to pair two of your amel babies in a few years time, you'd get amels, hypo amels, opals, hypo opals, snopals, snows, coral snows, lavender coral snows, basically lots of orange and white stuff. Google the corn calc and have a play around with it to see what you'll get
Figs Posted - 10/07/2012 : 14:00:17
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha89

quote:

Also just looked on Ians viv and i think they are all hypo amel they are far to red to me normal amels...does this mean the mum is also carrying the hypo gene?

Thanks for you help so far guys any update on the abpve?

hypo would affect the white in the amels as opposed to the red, i think
any photos of babies?
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 13:59:03
quote:

Also just looked on Ians viv and i think they are all hypo amel they are far to red to me normal amels...does this mean the mum is also carrying the hypo gene?

Thanks for you help so far guys any update on the abpve?
kev 5 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 12:59:55
congrats on your hatchlings. scaly's right normal hatchlings do start off really dark
ScalySituation Posted - 10/07/2012 : 12:24:17
i think its cos the hatchlings on there are older and yours still need their first shed :)
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 12:23:20
Also also the carolinas look very dark comapred to the normal hatchling picture on ians viv?
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 12:21:30
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 12:18:20
quote:
Originally posted by manda88

It would certainly make more sense if they were hypos, as a visual hypo (which obviously is what your male hypo lavender is) and a het hypo (which is possibly what mum is) would produce half a clutch of visual hypo babies, whereas if both of the parents were het amel then only a quarter (theoretically) of the clutch would be visually amel. I hope that makes sense!!

I have to say the babies are a very bright red...i will post pics up later i first thought that they were indeed hypo (does this mean that the mum is also carrying the hypo gene?
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 12:12:25
The amels have red eyes but around their pupile there is a black line as in the picture this link:-

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23970

My snow from last year has it and i was questioning on here whether he was a paradox or not?

Mands 88 the amels definatly have red eyes as above its just a line round there pupile and im interested as to know what this is as now thats the second batch from the mum that have had this in their eyes...also the amel with the pattern difference is normal patterned (as far as i can remember) normaly 2/3 of the way down its just the last 3rd that is not as visable? so if i was to keep 2 back and breed them in 2 years what will i potentially get?
manda88 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 12:10:48
It would certainly make more sense if they were hypos, as a visual hypo (which obviously is what your male hypo lavender is) and a het hypo (which is possibly what mum is) would produce half a clutch of visual hypo babies, whereas if both of the parents were het amel then only a quarter (theoretically) of the clutch would be visually amel. I hope that makes sense!!
NexivRed Posted - 10/07/2012 : 11:55:27
Congrats on your hatchlings!

Personally I have no idea how people tell what morph a snake is as a hatchling, especially the paler ones which develop so much. Once you post some pictures I'm sure the pros can help identify them, but if they have dark eyes then I don't think they're amels. All the amels I've seen have red eyes.
If it turns out they are hypos, then it means the mum was het hypo. If they're something different to that then it means both parents were het for it, for example butter.
The normals will be carrying the hets the both of them had (so hypo if indeed both parents had it), and 50% chance of the separate hets from each of the parents.
manda88 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 11:36:19
Have they all hatched or did only 10 of the eggs hatch in the end? The fatc you've got amels means both of the parents are het amel, and all of your babies will be 100% het hypo anery lavender, so if you pair two of the babies back together in a few years time you'll get some really cool results
No idea re the pattern, maybe you've got a motley/stripe. Also no idea re the black eyes, it's extremely unusual for an amel to have any black at all, may be a silly question but are you sure they're not hypos? Amels have red/pink eyes, hypos have black pupils and brown/deep orange irises.
Tasha89 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 09:52:12
will post some up soon was a bit hectic last night so didnt have time :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000