The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Miami/carolina debate (just for fun)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paulie78 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 19:42:22
Hi guys myself and a few other peoiple from here have been trying to id a friends corn she was sold it as a miami so we all started posting pics of our carolinas for comparison as hers looks a bit normal.
However i threw a bit of a spanner in the works with some conflicting photos of Artemis she looks normal in one but sorta miami ish in the others i dont really care which she is i love her anyway but what do you think ?

Miami ?

Carolina ?

Miami ?

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smiffy89 Posted - 06/02/2012 : 19:13:42
a cross between both......saves any arguing lol
SexyBear77 Posted - 06/02/2012 : 19:12:22
Deffo normal to me.
paulie78 Posted - 06/02/2012 : 17:25:01
LOl thanks for the info guys you can see how she divided opinion in the group lol i have her listed in my records as carolina as thats what she was sold to me as i dont really care what she is to be honest shes mine and aint going nowhere lol
oakleyman18 Posted - 05/02/2012 : 15:44:32
The front end looks especially Carolina to me..? But as Eeji says, there's so much varation in colours that most things overlap, so if I had to go with something, I'd say carolina, as it's not quite as clear cut grey and brick red as I'd expect to see, but it's all good
Emmy1 Posted - 05/02/2012 : 14:04:50
Not Miami in my opinion. Looks like a carolina just with a more rustic colouration to it.
Sta~ple Posted - 05/02/2012 : 09:10:37
It's a normal :) The variation though is amazing though.
CentricMalteser85 Posted - 05/02/2012 : 02:34:00
Miami

I have a carolina, and they tend to be more orange when the light faded brown is on the body of yours
Simmy_82 Posted - 04/02/2012 : 22:18:32
Carolina i'd say. It has orange between the saddles. Miami's don't.
nickyff Posted - 04/02/2012 : 01:39:46
laffs- plissken is so handsome he can be anything he says he is
Dancross0 Posted - 04/02/2012 : 00:47:37
Plissken is so Carolina he's sponsored by Nascar....
paulie78 Posted - 04/02/2012 : 00:32:02
quote:
Originally posted by nickyff

halfway between would be georgia...... can we invent a new morph? a georgia corn- the one you're just not sure about????

sharon's one... but still a wormy squiggle atm so god knows what'll happen through the next few sheds...

Lmao i like that a georgia corn so henceforth any that we are dubious about shall be known as georgia corns lol
nickyff Posted - 04/02/2012 : 00:28:09
halfway between would be georgia...... can we invent a new morph? a georgia corn- the one you're just not sure about????

sharon's one... but still a wormy squiggle atm so god knows what'll happen through the next few sheds...
paulie78 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 23:51:11
Personally i think shes probably just a pretty carolina as i said i dont care we were all just trying to help id a friends snake by comparison lol shes MY snake thats all i care about lol obviously i try to get as much info as i can when i buy new additions but as already pointed out their are so many locality differences now its hardly an exact science.
eeji Posted - 03/02/2012 : 23:09:14
maybe she's a regular wild type cornsnake that may have some ancestry in florida lines? There is so much variation its unbelievable, and genuine locality miamis can still show orange and genuine locality carolinas can still show greys.

I think people worry too much about labelling normals as anything else.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 03/02/2012 : 22:12:04
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/miami/
LarkaDawg Posted - 03/02/2012 : 21:51:23
My vote is Carolina, and a pretty one at that
Katie.Dublin Posted - 03/02/2012 : 21:02:47
Miami i would think
Auld Baldy Posted - 03/02/2012 : 20:14:43
This is the same conflict I have with Woody. He has the same rich brown with black shadowing as your Artemis. The difference between the saddles on the Miami is a silvery grey, as with Taggart.

I'd say Artemis is more Carolina because of the light tan/ orange on the saddle background and sides. The Miami is much greyer.

The Miami and Carolina are just locality variations of a Normal/ Common/ Standard Corn but maybe she's a Caroliami.

My vote is Carolina.

PS. Compare with the update pics I posted the other day. You can see the similarities with Woody and the difference to Big T.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21752

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000