The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Overhaul

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paulie78 Posted - 27/11/2011 : 14:02:00
Hi guys

well im slowly but surely getting there re artemis viv ive been waiting for her to shed so i could clean the tank and fit the new heatmat the new one covers exactly half the floor space which is good the old one covered a bit less than a third
anyway she shed overnight whilst she was eating i fitted a light and swapped the heatmat and cleaned everything she ate her first medium mouse today and to be honest it made me realise just how small the mice id been feeding her up till now were they left no bump really but the breeder i bought her from said thats what he had been feeding her so im glad i moved her up a size.
She had a nice lil bulge after
yesterday i trawled through nerly all of the threads on lighting trying to work out wether or not my new led strip light would need a gaurd am i right in assuming many people use them ungaurded as that seemed to be the general view of the threads i read ?

anyway a couple piccys

Artemis new shed (trainers for scale im a size 14 lol)

now with light and new heatmat lol

and a piccy of Artemis after feeding

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paulie78 Posted - 28/11/2011 : 16:30:57
Thanks mamma she has such interesting colours i think shes got a bit of something in there i dont think shes just a run of the mill normal lol.

p.s i love the new signtaure

Thanks Garrie its definately secure it aint moving i was just a bit worried the general view in the lighting thread seemed to suggest the best thing to use was the energy effieicent lightbulbs i hate those they have a nasty glare which gives me a hedache ugh
garrie Posted - 28/11/2011 : 11:05:03
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

yesterday i trawled through nerly all of the threads on lighting trying to work out wether or not my new led strip light would need a gaurd am i right in assuming many people use them ungaurded as that seemed to be the general view of the threads i read ?

Hey, you won't need a guard for the LED strip - just make sure it is secured on nicely and it'll be fine
Mamma Posted - 28/11/2011 : 09:57:15
shes beautiful. I love her colours
hannah2016 Posted - 27/11/2011 : 20:16:01
nice :)
Okeetee Mick Posted - 27/11/2011 : 19:19:55
Very nice
paulie78 Posted - 27/11/2011 : 19:14:01
Thanks guys well she was looking a bit thin an her spine looked quite prominent even though id been feeding her every 5 days and shes never missed a meal instead of moving her onto larger mice and feeding her once a week like i was planning on doing im gonna stick to feeding her medium mice every 5 days till i get her weight up
I'm really pleased with the viv i just want to add an extra hide or two and add some foliage considering corns are supposed to be ground dwelling snakes she sure does love to climb
smart bunny Posted - 27/11/2011 : 18:38:55
Cool viv :)
Hissyfit Posted - 27/11/2011 : 17:04:36
It's worrying moving up a size, but looks like she enjoyed her dinner....her viv is looking good too
scottishbluebird Posted - 27/11/2011 : 15:19:27
Nice, must admit im happier now moved up a mouse size too

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000