Overhaul
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  14:02:00  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys

well im slowly but surely getting there re artemis viv ive been waiting for her to shed so i could clean the tank and fit the new heatmat the new one covers exactly half the floor space which is good the old one covered a bit less than a third
anyway she shed overnight whilst she was eating i fitted a light and swapped the heatmat and cleaned everything she ate her first medium mouse today and to be honest it made me realise just how small the mice id been feeding her up till now were they left no bump really but the breeder i bought her from said thats what he had been feeding her so im glad i moved her up a size.
She had a nice lil bulge after
yesterday i trawled through nerly all of the threads on lighting trying to work out wether or not my new led strip light would need a gaurd am i right in assuming many people use them ungaurded as that seemed to be the general view of the threads i read ?

anyway a couple piccys

Artemis new shed (trainers for scale im a size 14 lol)

now with light and new heatmat lol

and a piccy of Artemis after feeding

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  15:19:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice, must admit im happier now moved up a mouse size too

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  17:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's worrying moving up a size, but looks like she enjoyed her dinner....her viv is looking good too

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  18:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool viv :)

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  19:14:01  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys well she was looking a bit thin an her spine looked quite prominent even though id been feeding her every 5 days and shes never missed a meal instead of moving her onto larger mice and feeding her once a week like i was planning on doing im gonna stick to feeding her medium mice every 5 days till i get her weight up
I'm really pleased with the viv i just want to add an extra hide or two and add some foliage considering corns are supposed to be ground dwelling snakes she sure does love to climb

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  19:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  20:16:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice :)

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  09:57:15  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
shes beautiful. I love her colours

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  11:05:03  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

yesterday i trawled through nerly all of the threads on lighting trying to work out wether or not my new led strip light would need a gaurd am i right in assuming many people use them ungaurded as that seemed to be the general view of the threads i read ?

Hey, you won't need a guard for the LED strip - just make sure it is secured on nicely and it'll be fine

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  16:30:57  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks mamma she has such interesting colours i think shes got a bit of something in there i dont think shes just a run of the mill normal lol.

p.s i love the new signtaure

Thanks Garrie its definately secure it aint moving i was just a bit worried the general view in the lighting thread seemed to suggest the best thing to use was the energy effieicent lightbulbs i hate those they have a nasty glare which gives me a hedache ugh

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: