The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 My 2 Cornsnakes :-)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jason_app Posted - 22/11/2011 : 21:54:35
Ok after posting in the new members i thought i would put up a couple pics of my Corns

Lillith is the Amelanistic,
No Name is the Anerythristic.

They both seem happy in together, both shedding, pooing and feeding fine. No Name is striking her food which is good.

Let me know what you guys think.

Jase

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
manda88 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 16:54:53
quote:
Originally posted by Jason_app

quote:
Originally posted by manda88

Both very pretty little things! I can only echo what everyone else has said regarding keeping them together, but you've already said you're going to separate them so good on you for the meantime if they're still together, do make sure you take each of them out of the viv when you feed them so they don't latch onto the same prey item and eat each other by accident! If you already do this then just tell me to shut up
Their substrate appears to be quite damp, is that how you keep them all the time?

The substrate is Forest floor aka Orchid bark. out of the packet yes it is damp but i have thoroughly dried it out so its bone dry now.

I dont feed them out of the viv or at least i havent so far but i had to push libitina away from lilith because she finished her mouse quick and tried to steal lilths lol.

May feed out of viv next time lol.

Jase

Yep I'd definitely recommend feeding them out of the viv in separate tubs away from each other next time then the smell of the mice lingers for a while after they've eaten so if one can smell mouse on the other if it's constricted it or something, it might think 'mmm you smell delicious!' and take a mouthful!
Jason_app Posted - 24/11/2011 : 16:17:00
quote:
Originally posted by manda88

Both very pretty little things! I can only echo what everyone else has said regarding keeping them together, but you've already said you're going to separate them so good on you for the meantime if they're still together, do make sure you take each of them out of the viv when you feed them so they don't latch onto the same prey item and eat each other by accident! If you already do this then just tell me to shut up
Their substrate appears to be quite damp, is that how you keep them all the time?

The substrate is Forest floor aka Orchid bark. out of the packet yes it is damp but i have thoroughly dried it out so its bone dry now.

I dont feed them out of the viv or at least i havent so far but i had to push libitina away from lilith because she finished her mouse quick and tried to steal lilths lol.

May feed out of viv next time lol.

Jase
manda88 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 15:57:50
hannah2016 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 07:53:06
stunning!
paulie78 Posted - 23/11/2011 : 23:00:43
EEK! i hope you've seperated them im sure ud be gutted to find one had eaten the other its one of those things everyone assumes only happens to everyone else till it happens to them they are both stunning lil snakes good luck picking a name for no name lol
Jason_app Posted - 23/11/2011 : 22:28:38
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

They are gorgeous - possibly the reason the smaller one isn't growing so well is because they need separating though and she is stressed? Hope you get it sorted :)

Could this be a genuine reason. i think there is about 4 months between them although not too sure.

They have both shed once since i had them but lillith is still the same size as her first shed lol.

Jase
smart bunny Posted - 23/11/2011 : 10:34:55
They are gorgeous - possibly the reason the smaller one isn't growing so well is because they need separating though and she is stressed? Hope you get it sorted :)
Hissyfit Posted - 23/11/2011 : 09:38:04
Lovely snakes, but I agree with everyone else, separate as soon as possible. I almost bought 2 with their set up when we got our first corn, they'd been together since babies. After reading on here I decided to just get the one to save any risk.I'm so glad I did, as he's turned out to be a lovely snake, and very happy having the space to himself
Jason_app Posted - 23/11/2011 : 08:45:35
ok seems i may need to look into another tank soon as poss then or maybe partition this one till i can get one to avoid any risk. One thing that isnt obvious is part of her is massive looking compared to lillith because in that pic they have just eaten. They look more of a size difference in pictures though, i didnt realise they were. Lillith doesnt seem to be growing as quick as the amery though as when i got them there was not an awful big difference in size. She is on one fluff and lillith is on one pinkie.
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/11/2011 : 07:19:14
Stunning corns, but unfortunately you really are taking a massive risk with your lovely snakes.

We have had members on here whose young/baby corns *have* eaten each other- it can and does happen, and is all the more likely with such a size difference. It would be a shame for something to happen to them.
scottishbluebird Posted - 23/11/2011 : 02:45:30
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070
The 'no name' is stunning. Please read the link
lotabob Posted - 23/11/2011 : 00:18:24
What i think is they are both beautiful corns but your off your noggin keeping them together when there is such a difference in size. Everything screams problems are coming your way for the little one.
awlred Posted - 23/11/2011 : 00:03:10
Lovely pair there, the Anery is particularly gorgeous
garrie Posted - 22/11/2011 : 22:12:00
Two stunning corns you have there. There is some debate about co-habiting corns, and there are "some" risks involved (lots of info available in sticky threads on here) - all I would say is that the size difference between them may cause further problem.

Are they both proven female? If not then I really would recommend that you separate them, to prevent pregnancy (and health) risks later on.

Like I say though, they are both beauties

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000