New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jason_app
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  21:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok after posting in the new members i thought i would put up a couple pics of my Corns

Lillith is the Amelanistic,
No Name is the Anerythristic.

They both seem happy in together, both shedding, pooing and feeding fine. No Name is striking her food which is good.

Let me know what you guys think.

Jase

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  22:12:00  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Two stunning corns you have there. There is some debate about co-habiting corns, and there are "some" risks involved (lots of info available in sticky threads on here) - all I would say is that the size difference between them may cause further problem.

Are they both proven female? If not then I really would recommend that you separate them, to prevent pregnancy (and health) risks later on.

Like I say though, they are both beauties

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)

Edited by - garrie on 22/11/2011 22:12:19
Go to Top of Page

awlred
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  00:03:10  Show Profile  Visit awlred's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lovely pair there, the Anery is particularly gorgeous

0.0.1 Amel Corn Snake - Essfer
0.1.0 Wife Jules/Squeefluff
0.0.100s Coffee Things ;)
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  00:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What i think is they are both beautiful corns but your off your noggin keeping them together when there is such a difference in size. Everything screams problems are coming your way for the little one.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  02:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070
The 'no name' is stunning. Please read the link

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  07:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stunning corns, but unfortunately you really are taking a massive risk with your lovely snakes.

We have had members on here whose young/baby corns *have* eaten each other- it can and does happen, and is all the more likely with such a size difference. It would be a shame for something to happen to them.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jason_app
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  08:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok seems i may need to look into another tank soon as poss then or maybe partition this one till i can get one to avoid any risk. One thing that isnt obvious is part of her is massive looking compared to lillith because in that pic they have just eaten. They look more of a size difference in pictures though, i didnt realise they were. Lillith doesnt seem to be growing as quick as the amery though as when i got them there was not an awful big difference in size. She is on one fluff and lillith is on one pinkie.
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  09:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely snakes, but I agree with everyone else, separate as soon as possible. I almost bought 2 with their set up when we got our first corn, they'd been together since babies. After reading on here I decided to just get the one to save any risk.I'm so glad I did, as he's turned out to be a lovely snake, and very happy having the space to himself

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  10:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are gorgeous - possibly the reason the smaller one isn't growing so well is because they need separating though and she is stressed? Hope you get it sorted :)

Go to Top of Page

Jason_app
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  22:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

They are gorgeous - possibly the reason the smaller one isn't growing so well is because they need separating though and she is stressed? Hope you get it sorted :)

Could this be a genuine reason. i think there is about 4 months between them although not too sure.

They have both shed once since i had them but lillith is still the same size as her first shed lol.

Jase
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  23:00:43  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
EEK! i hope you've seperated them im sure ud be gutted to find one had eaten the other its one of those things everyone assumes only happens to everyone else till it happens to them they are both stunning lil snakes good luck picking a name for no name lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  07:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stunning!

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  15:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both very pretty little things! I can only echo what everyone else has said regarding keeping them together, but you've already said you're going to separate them so good on you for the meantime if they're still together, do make sure you take each of them out of the viv when you feed them so they don't latch onto the same prey item and eat each other by accident! If you already do this then just tell me to shut up
Their substrate appears to be quite damp, is that how you keep them all the time?

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

Jason_app
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  16:17:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manda88

Both very pretty little things! I can only echo what everyone else has said regarding keeping them together, but you've already said you're going to separate them so good on you for the meantime if they're still together, do make sure you take each of them out of the viv when you feed them so they don't latch onto the same prey item and eat each other by accident! If you already do this then just tell me to shut up
Their substrate appears to be quite damp, is that how you keep them all the time?

The substrate is Forest floor aka Orchid bark. out of the packet yes it is damp but i have thoroughly dried it out so its bone dry now.

I dont feed them out of the viv or at least i havent so far but i had to push libitina away from lilith because she finished her mouse quick and tried to steal lilths lol.

May feed out of viv next time lol.

Jase
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  16:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jason_app

quote:
Originally posted by manda88

The substrate is Forest floor aka Orchid bark. out of the packet yes it is damp but i have thoroughly dried it out so its bone dry now.

I dont feed them out of the viv or at least i havent so far but i had to push libitina away from lilith because she finished her mouse quick and tried to steal lilths lol.

May feed out of viv next time lol.

Jase

Yep I'd definitely recommend feeding them out of the viv in separate tubs away from each other next time then the smell of the mice lingers for a while after they've eaten so if one can smell mouse on the other if it's constricted it or something, it might think 'mmm you smell delicious!' and take a mouthful!

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000