The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Advice and help needed please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Danny919 Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:08:18
Hi, this is my new vivarium that i bought today for my snake, atm he is in his old faunarium which i think is too small so im upgrading, the problem i have now is i believe its to dark in the new viv, I have a heat mat under the substrate, but i was just wondering if i placed a UV bulb in the tank does it emit heat? will my snake get burnt if it touches it and will i need to cage the uv bulb ? or is there some other easy way of creating more light in this enclosure?

Heres the photo
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 18/04/2011 : 22:55:22
Snakes can get stuck to the tape and it can cause awful injuries.

i use push LED lights too in some of my vivs. The ones that already had lights and guards fitted I use energy saving bulbs. But all my lights are only put on when I am cleaning out or spot checking.
Danny919 Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:08:03
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

LEDs need a transformer. And a big NO to any tape in the viv, snakes + tape = trouble

why is tape bad ?
gmac Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:02:24
i had the push led lights from poundland in with mine, cheap batteries no need for transformers and plugs
lotabob Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:00:16
LEDs need a transformer. And a big NO to any tape in the viv, snakes + tape = trouble
Danny919 Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:59:18
Ive just been looking at a LED strip light, i have a few questions regarding them though, if i do buy one will i be able to fix it to the roof of my viv with double sided sticky tape ? and also, i heard the 12V is the best ones to buy as it will not give an electric shock and they are safer, and do they just plug into a standard UK plug socket or do i need a transformer and ty for ur quick reply
lotabob Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:59:14
There is already a great big light you can use. The sun through a window is sufficient for the snake during the day and will provide plenty of the UV needed. Any lighting you put in will be for your own benefit so think about some LED strip light s or something like that for viewing. Any glass bulbs will need guarded to avoid burns and also breakages.
gmac Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:52:26
UV bulbs dont give off much heat, but they are expensive bulbs and yes they need guarded, snake may crush the bulb. LED is a cheap way of lighting and doesnt really give off heat and they dont need guarding

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000