The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Rubs, Rack and Snakes! (Pic Heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 01/04/2011 : 09:32:39
Was doing the clean outs and water changes this morning so took a few pics.

It's now offical, my rack is too small. I need to go bigger! Or I could just stop getting more snakes

1 Rack area. The 2 large tubs to the left are empty right now, soon to be filled!

Other rack (coffee table!)

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 03/04/2011 : 17:33:44
Super photos, great setup, lucky you!!!
crazy JJ Posted - 03/04/2011 : 13:14:04
very nice lou :)

very nice snakies to :) hmmm its given me inspiration to sort my snakies out...

lee2308 Posted - 02/04/2011 : 22:09:26
great looking snakies lou
Ailsa Posted - 02/04/2011 : 21:50:13
Louise beautiful collection all your snakes look fabulous and i love your rubs - it's amazing what you can do with empty loo rolls and egg boxes, am keepin all my loo roll tubes and you reminded me to buy fake foliage for my new corn. Oh and the curtain hooks - great idea.

Am def gonna use big rubs rather than vivs i think ;)

What's your secret tell me tell me ;)
Thante Posted - 02/04/2011 : 21:43:42
i use a similar set up for Tequila, in the same type of box. It works really well, the heat mat is fixed to the shelf beneath, and the plastic is really easy to attach things to by just making a new hole. Tequila has more to climb on and hid in then my other snake who is in a viv.
not to mention that there 100x easier to clean :P
Sta~ple Posted - 02/04/2011 : 11:56:58
I dunt want to swap, I want to hassss XD I cant swap Ozzy after it took me nearly a year to find him! Ahh I see lol
Invalid User Posted - 02/04/2011 : 11:45:18
@ Mole, the ruba are all ontop of heatstrips which have a sticky backing so they are stuck down to the rack :)

@ K, I do post on the king forum but it's so quiet over there and Marv is a vain King and needs lots of people to see him and comment on his awsomeness!!

@ Stapey, I have already told you, you can have Marv, if you swap him for Ozzy! Also, they get loads of daylight/sunlight. This room they are in is south facing and gets loads of natural light and when the suns out it's really bright. Although, having said that, the corns spend most of their time hiden under the kitchen roll or in their hides during the day when it's light and come out in the evening when it gets dark, which is what you would expect so I guess it's working fine for them. :)
Sta~ple Posted - 02/04/2011 : 10:20:33
Yeh lou :o keep the snakey snakes just for the sexy snake forum. As punishment you need to give me Marv. XD

very nice although I do wonder like how do the snakes in the left rack get sunlight?
kdlang Posted - 02/04/2011 : 09:11:38
They all look great. And a brilliant excuse for eating easter eggs.

Shut up K - the Goins is stunning and I love seeing him. It's as close as I'm going to get to one as I have now been officially banned from getting any more snakes, at least until the kids have grown up. They were even gong to ban me from the forum so I couldn't get tempted lol
Kehhlyr Posted - 02/04/2011 : 05:28:20
Woo, all looking superb.
Except for the Goins, that should be kept for tks only.
Not very good is it, showing a PkRiOnPgER snake on the corn forum???? *K runs away quickly*
lotabob Posted - 01/04/2011 : 22:18:44
Haha thats some growing collection. I bet I know which one the BRB is in lol.
Mole Posted - 01/04/2011 : 21:17:19
Have been curious, do you put the rubs on the heatmats, or the mats in the bottom of the rubs like in a viv. If ontop, do you tape the mat down to the tables and shelves that they are stacked on, dumb question i know but my brain needs to visualise and i can see your stats and therms but no mats Dohh
Invalid User Posted - 01/04/2011 : 16:28:19
The corns are doing great in them. Had no problems at all. All feeding well and doing everything they should.

I was going to get actual RUBs but nowhere near me stocks the larger sizes and with added delivery costs they were working out quite pricey. These were from a shop near me for £4 each so I thought I would try them. I know some people use luggage straps to hold the lids down but again I couldn't find any near me so I improvised :)
Red123 Posted - 01/04/2011 : 16:18:33
Thats a good idea. It looks like you have one in each corner then one in the middle on each of the longer sides. Think I will have try to that especially as the only tubs I have found with locking handles are the RUBS and theie internal dimesions are alot smaller than the external. How do your corns seem to do in them? Nice pics by the way.
Invalid User Posted - 01/04/2011 : 12:41:59
Your gonna laugh, but it works....I use curtain hooks!! The curly ones that look like a letter 'e'. I make holes in the lid of the tub that go through to the rim of the tub. The hook then slots through and twists right round locking the lids in place. They have worked really well and I have tried getting the lids off while the hooks are in place and they won't budge :)

If you look in the pics you can see the hooks all around the edges.
Red123 Posted - 01/04/2011 : 12:33:21
Louise how have you secured those lids on those Tubs? I am looking into getting some tubs but was concerned that the lids could be pushed off if snakey was determined. I've used one like that before for my GALS the tubs seem clearer than the genuine RUBS.
Mort13 Posted - 01/04/2011 : 09:54:40
Never mind a bigger rack,you're gonna need a bigger house at this rate!!
I don't even dare ask whats going in the empty boxes lol.
Beautiful collection.
Mamma Posted - 01/04/2011 : 09:52:10
I see someones been eating the easter eggs early

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000