New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  09:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was doing the clean outs and water changes this morning so took a few pics.

It's now offical, my rack is too small. I need to go bigger! Or I could just stop getting more snakes

1 Rack area. The 2 large tubs to the left are empty right now, soon to be filled!

Other rack (coffee table!)

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  09:52:10  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see someones been eating the easter eggs early

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  09:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never mind a bigger rack,you're gonna need a bigger house at this rate!!
I don't even dare ask whats going in the empty boxes lol.
Beautiful collection.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  12:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Louise how have you secured those lids on those Tubs? I am looking into getting some tubs but was concerned that the lids could be pushed off if snakey was determined. I've used one like that before for my GALS the tubs seem clearer than the genuine RUBS.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  12:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your gonna laugh, but it works....I use curtain hooks!! The curly ones that look like a letter 'e'. I make holes in the lid of the tub that go through to the rim of the tub. The hook then slots through and twists right round locking the lids in place. They have worked really well and I have tried getting the lids off while the hooks are in place and they won't budge :)

If you look in the pics you can see the hooks all around the edges.
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  16:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a good idea. It looks like you have one in each corner then one in the middle on each of the longer sides. Think I will have try to that especially as the only tubs I have found with locking handles are the RUBS and theie internal dimesions are alot smaller than the external. How do your corns seem to do in them? Nice pics by the way.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  16:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The corns are doing great in them. Had no problems at all. All feeding well and doing everything they should.

I was going to get actual RUBs but nowhere near me stocks the larger sizes and with added delivery costs they were working out quite pricey. These were from a shop near me for £4 each so I thought I would try them. I know some people use luggage straps to hold the lids down but again I couldn't find any near me so I improvised :)
Go to Top of Page

Mole
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  21:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have been curious, do you put the rubs on the heatmats, or the mats in the bottom of the rubs like in a viv. If ontop, do you tape the mat down to the tables and shelves that they are stacked on, dumb question i know but my brain needs to visualise and i can see your stats and therms but no mats Dohh

1.0.0 corn snake Striker
1.0.0 dog Merlo
0.1.0 rabbit Sparkle
0.2.0 Cats Skid and Whizz
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  22:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha thats some growing collection. I bet I know which one the BRB is in lol.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  05:28:20  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woo, all looking superb.
Except for the Goins, that should be kept for tks only.
Not very good is it, showing a PkRiOnPgER snake on the corn forum???? *K runs away quickly*

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  09:11:38  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They all look great. And a brilliant excuse for eating easter eggs.

Shut up K - the Goins is stunning and I love seeing him. It's as close as I'm going to get to one as I have now been officially banned from getting any more snakes, at least until the kids have grown up. They were even gong to ban me from the forum so I couldn't get tempted lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  10:20:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeh lou :o keep the snakey snakes just for the sexy snake forum. As punishment you need to give me Marv. XD

very nice although I do wonder like how do the snakes in the left rack get sunlight?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  11:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Mole, the ruba are all ontop of heatstrips which have a sticky backing so they are stuck down to the rack :)

@ K, I do post on the king forum but it's so quiet over there and Marv is a vain King and needs lots of people to see him and comment on his awsomeness!!

@ Stapey, I have already told you, you can have Marv, if you swap him for Ozzy! Also, they get loads of daylight/sunlight. This room they are in is south facing and gets loads of natural light and when the suns out it's really bright. Although, having said that, the corns spend most of their time hiden under the kitchen roll or in their hides during the day when it's light and come out in the evening when it gets dark, which is what you would expect so I guess it's working fine for them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  11:56:58  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dunt want to swap, I want to hassss XD I cant swap Ozzy after it took me nearly a year to find him! Ahh I see lol

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  21:43:42  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i use a similar set up for Tequila, in the same type of box. It works really well, the heat mat is fixed to the shelf beneath, and the plastic is really easy to attach things to by just making a new hole. Tequila has more to climb on and hid in then my other snake who is in a viv.
not to mention that there 100x easier to clean :P

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  21:50:13  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Louise beautiful collection all your snakes look fabulous and i love your rubs - it's amazing what you can do with empty loo rolls and egg boxes, am keepin all my loo roll tubes and you reminded me to buy fake foliage for my new corn. Oh and the curtain hooks - great idea.

Am def gonna use big rubs rather than vivs i think ;)

What's your secret tell me tell me ;)

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Edited by - Ailsa on 02/04/2011 21:53:04
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  22:09:26  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
great looking snakies lou

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  13:14:04  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
very nice lou :)

very nice snakies to :) hmmm its given me inspiration to sort my snakies out...

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  17:33:44  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Super photos, great setup, lucky you!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000