The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 think things are looking up-quite rambly

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
amanda121921 Posted - 08/04/2010 : 18:43:38
got up this morning to find kasey wondering aroung her viv trying to shift the rest of her incomplete shed which i took as a good sign as it's the most movement i've had out of her for about 5 weeks now.she usually sheds really well but with her not being too great recently thats probably why she shed in bits-there was skin everywhere!anyway, gave her a nice bath and the rest of it came off fine-she gets pinker every time! when i put her back in her viv she wondered around for about 10 mins before checking out her new hide which arrived this morning and i put in while she was bathing. she's been popping her head out every now and then too so im hoping she's feeling a bit peckish as she's not eaten for about 6 weeks now. i took her to the vet to get checked out last monday tho as she'd been hiding for days at a time without moving at all she'd be in exactly the same postion. even when being handled she'd just sit there. she's always been quite chilled but she'd explore a bit. i even put her on the floor and she just sat there for a whole 15 mins without moving half on her back which she also did when the vet was checking her out which apparently is not a good sign as a healthy snake always rights itself.anyway the vet gave her a vitamin jab, forcefed her and gave her some stuff for worms-which seemed to perk her up a bit in the surgery, well, **** her off really coz she went beserk and tagged the vet about 6 times which she never does-earned herself a reputation as the vet scrawled 'stroppy' at the top of her notes, lol.she was pretty ****ed off for a few days after cant blame her really especially as she started going into shed that night too! anyway she had a normal poo yesterday and seems quite perky today so i think i'll try feeding her tomorrow as she was messed about with a bit this morning bit cautious about causing her any more stress, fingers crossed things are turning a corner
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 09/04/2010 : 04:46:18
That is sounding more positive Amanda, I really do hope that she does feed and you are right to wait a little bit before offering it to her - she has been through a fair amount of stress with the vet, injection, shed, bath....poor snake!

I really do hope that this has made the difference for her....so please keep us informed.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000