New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  18:43:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got up this morning to find kasey wondering aroung her viv trying to shift the rest of her incomplete shed which i took as a good sign as it's the most movement i've had out of her for about 5 weeks now.she usually sheds really well but with her not being too great recently thats probably why she shed in bits-there was skin everywhere!anyway, gave her a nice bath and the rest of it came off fine-she gets pinker every time! when i put her back in her viv she wondered around for about 10 mins before checking out her new hide which arrived this morning and i put in while she was bathing. she's been popping her head out every now and then too so im hoping she's feeling a bit peckish as she's not eaten for about 6 weeks now. i took her to the vet to get checked out last monday tho as she'd been hiding for days at a time without moving at all she'd be in exactly the same postion. even when being handled she'd just sit there. she's always been quite chilled but she'd explore a bit. i even put her on the floor and she just sat there for a whole 15 mins without moving half on her back which she also did when the vet was checking her out which apparently is not a good sign as a healthy snake always rights itself.anyway the vet gave her a vitamin jab, forcefed her and gave her some stuff for worms-which seemed to perk her up a bit in the surgery, well, **** her off really coz she went beserk and tagged the vet about 6 times which she never does-earned herself a reputation as the vet scrawled 'stroppy' at the top of her notes, lol.she was pretty ****ed off for a few days after cant blame her really especially as she started going into shed that night too! anyway she had a normal poo yesterday and seems quite perky today so i think i'll try feeding her tomorrow as she was messed about with a bit this morning bit cautious about causing her any more stress, fingers crossed things are turning a corner

kaseysquidward

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  04:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is sounding more positive Amanda, I really do hope that she does feed and you are right to wait a little bit before offering it to her - she has been through a fair amount of stress with the vet, injection, shed, bath....poor snake!

I really do hope that this has made the difference for her....so please keep us informed.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000