The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Strange jaw habits...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 18:06:50
I just noticed a few moments ago, that my corn snake is inside of her pot-hide and keeps detaching her jaw and stretching it open then closing it again, then doing it again. This isn't the first time I've noticed her doing it, could it be a health problem at all or is she just having a stretch or saying shes hungry?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/02/2010 : 22:26:27
I think she's fine :) Perhaos she really was just stretching, I just wanted to ask because I'd spotted her doing it once before then she did it a fair few times needed to make sure it wasn't a reason to worry but she's barely done it since really :)

I'd really like a bearded dragon...no space atm though :(
n/a Posted - 20/02/2010 : 22:23:58
ah well i dunno lol hope she's well, was just a thought as i breed beardies and they do it all the time due to high temps
paul
n/a Posted - 20/02/2010 : 22:20:21
She's doing it in the cool end, she spends most of her time in the cool end unless she's shedding or has just eaten I've noticed.
n/a Posted - 20/02/2010 : 22:09:39
just a thought i know beardies are lizards etc and am on a snake forum but is she doin it in the hot end rather than cool end i dont know for certain if corns do this but beardies do it to regulate their heat like a dog panting due to no having sweat glands etc the only way for them to regulat temps is to open their mouths otherwise known a gaping what temps you got in there its not to hot is it.
paul
n/a Posted - 20/02/2010 : 21:58:11
She gets fresh water every single day and plenty of it, though she hasnt done it in a while, maybe she just had that weird feeling you get when you click a joint and it doesnt feel right you never know hahaha
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 09:12:57
Could it be hydration? Mind you if she has water daily she has every opportunity to rehydrate so doubt it... sorry, thinking whilst typing lol

Does she do it in one end of the viv more than the other? Like only when in the warm end? Don't know what that could mean if it were the case, just trying to paint a picture so to speak.
n/a Posted - 06/02/2010 : 10:09:57
Hmm no I don't think she's going to shed, shes not dulling like usual at any rate.
Fal Posted - 03/02/2010 : 12:49:05
It's not before shedding is it? I know our bearded dragon puffs his beard out a lot and jerks about doing weird stuff before a shed, then after he's fine again. Just a thought?
n/a Posted - 02/02/2010 : 22:36:16
Okay, I'll just keep a good watch on her
gingerpony Posted - 02/02/2010 : 21:27:00
i wouldn't be overly concerned unless it's persistant and then would need checking out properly..........
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 02/02/2010 : 09:26:29
You might just have a very sleepy snake! x
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 21:29:11
Nothing of the sort at all. Plenty of water and feeding day is tomorrow. I've looked for signs of mites too, just to be cautious but nothing seems out of the ordinary, maybe she was just stretching but I wanted to make sure, I've seen her do it once or twice before but she did it about 5 times in a row today.
gingerpony Posted - 01/02/2010 : 20:59:55
not likely to be teeth...........
is there any mucous or anything like substrate in her mouth?
or has she just had a feed?
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 18:55:01
Sorry, I don't know how to edit posts hehee

I was wondering, weird as it sounds but could it be her teeth growing?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000