The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Handling

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lmfastcars Posted - 26/11/2009 : 17:54:01
I know this isn't a majour concern, but it's always nice to know. If you go to pick up your snake and he shoots into his hiding place, does that mean you shouldn't handle him? any more info on handling would be Greeaeeaaatttt
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lmfastcars Posted - 03/12/2009 : 16:24:26
haha aww :) youd be in a bit of a pickle if oyu needed to go to work lol youd be like HURRY UP !!! :D
Kellog Posted - 03/12/2009 : 04:46:04
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

could try cutting the toilet roll in half along it's length so you can still lift it off.............?

obviously do this when she's vacated the tube first!

thats what I do too after finding out just how stubborn they are when they don't want disturbiing :D

Talk about not wanting disturbing....had Kellog out and he was wandering around lounge (with me watching him like a hawk of course). He poked his head into my knee length boot, which was lying on its side. I thought, no problem. In he went....and in he stayed!!! Would not move, tried tipping boot slightly and he was nicely lodged in the main foot of the boot. Undid zip near ankle to show him an escape hatch...he happily popped his head out and then went back in, not once but 3 times! Finally landed up sitting on floor holding foot end with open end in viv near hide entrance. About 10 minutes later he decided to wander out....

xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 02/12/2009 : 22:13:30
Hahaha GP
lmfastcars Posted - 02/12/2009 : 20:35:11
quote:

could try cutting the toilet roll in half along it's length so you can still lift it off.............?

Haha Thats just crazy enough to work lol
eeji Posted - 02/12/2009 : 20:20:40
quote:

thats what I do too after finding out just how stubborn they are when they don't want disturbiing :D
gingerpony Posted - 02/12/2009 : 20:06:34

gingerpony Posted - 02/12/2009 : 20:00:31
that's much more difficult lol
lmfastcars Posted - 02/12/2009 : 19:21:41
what if he is in a kitchen roll tube?
hiper2009 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 18:43:42
Just calmly lift the hide up and slowly pick the snakey up
lmfastcars Posted - 28/11/2009 : 15:02:28
Cheers kellog, its the same thing i do but i wasn't suire how everyone else does it and i was woried that it my stress him out :) x
Kellog Posted - 28/11/2009 : 10:50:00
Most of the time I take Kellog's hide off him and take him out to handle him....if I didnt do that then often I would never get to handle him! I just make sure that he can hear me coming and remove the hide very slowly and carefully so that I dont startle him and he knows what is coming.

xxx
lmfastcars Posted - 26/11/2009 : 18:42:38
sweet guys, thanks lol i wasnt sure if i was being to harsh on fluffy by getting him out even if he went into hiding. :)
hillzi Posted - 26/11/2009 : 18:11:39
I do handle my corns if theyr'e cruising. for blaze, thats every night (except I leave them both 2 days after feeding) He normally shoots into the plant. the plant comes out too and i wait for him to give up.

Handling, as I said in a previous post, is out of the vivarium exercise. I still like to handle both daily, cruising or not, to check them. make sure theres no mites or any signs of anything bad.

matty18714 Posted - 26/11/2009 : 18:00:14
It doesnt mean that you shouldnt, but I dont handle mine anyway. Try and move slowly towards the snake and avoid moving above it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000