Handling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  17:54:01  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know this isn't a majour concern, but it's always nice to know. If you go to pick up your snake and he shoots into his hiding place, does that mean you shouldn't handle him? any more info on handling would be Greeaeeaaatttt

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  18:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It doesnt mean that you shouldnt, but I dont handle mine anyway. Try and move slowly towards the snake and avoid moving above it.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  18:11:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do handle my corns if theyr'e cruising. for blaze, thats every night (except I leave them both 2 days after feeding) He normally shoots into the plant. the plant comes out too and i wait for him to give up.

Handling, as I said in a previous post, is out of the vivarium exercise. I still like to handle both daily, cruising or not, to check them. make sure theres no mites or any signs of anything bad.

Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  18:42:38  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sweet guys, thanks lol i wasnt sure if i was being to harsh on fluffy by getting him out even if he went into hiding. :)

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2009 :  10:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the time I take Kellog's hide off him and take him out to handle him....if I didnt do that then often I would never get to handle him! I just make sure that he can hear me coming and remove the hide very slowly and carefully so that I dont startle him and he knows what is coming.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2009 :  15:02:28  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cheers kellog, its the same thing i do but i wasn't suire how everyone else does it and i was woried that it my stress him out :) x

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  18:43:42  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just calmly lift the hide up and slowly pick the snakey up

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  19:21:41  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
what if he is in a kitchen roll tube?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  20:00:31  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that's much more difficult lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  20:06:34  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
could try cutting the toilet roll in half along it's length so you can still lift it off.............?

obviously do this when she's vacated the tube first!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  20:20:40  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

could try cutting the toilet roll in half along it's length so you can still lift it off.............?

thats what I do too after finding out just how stubborn they are when they don't want disturbiing :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  20:35:11  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Haha Thats just crazy enough to work lol

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  22:13:30  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hahaha GP

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  04:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:

thats what I do too after finding out just how stubborn they are when they don't want disturbiing :D

Talk about not wanting disturbing....had Kellog out and he was wandering around lounge (with me watching him like a hawk of course). He poked his head into my knee length boot, which was lying on its side. I thought, no problem. In he went....and in he stayed!!! Would not move, tried tipping boot slightly and he was nicely lodged in the main foot of the boot. Undid zip near ankle to show him an escape hatch...he happily popped his head out and then went back in, not once but 3 times! Finally landed up sitting on floor holding foot end with open end in viv near hide entrance. About 10 minutes later he decided to wander out....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  16:24:26  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
haha aww :) youd be in a bit of a pickle if oyu needed to go to work lol youd be like HURRY UP !!! :D

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000