The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 immediate regurgitation when feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zandefloss Posted - 25/11/2009 : 20:10:00
Hello everyone, just tried spaghetti on her first fuzzy, which was a little on the large size - but looked managable.

She slowly ate 3/4ths and then regurgitated it back up - it was obviously too big.

She was very hungry before, so should I wait 7 days and try pinkies again, or try again tomoz with a pinkie?

Will she be OK? I'm worried I might have damaged her mouth or something.

zan x.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 08/12/2009 : 04:34:54
That is such good news Zandefloss!! Having gone through a 13 week fast with Kellog I can understand the relief you felt when she ate. It feels like a burden has been lifted off your shoulders, doesnt it.

Well done Spaghetti!!

xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 21:31:49
Glad she is eating bet that has made you rest your mind
HannahB Posted - 07/12/2009 : 19:46:22
glad shes eating again for you
gingerpony Posted - 07/12/2009 : 19:43:56
thats fantastic news i'm sooo happy for both of you

congrats hun
zandefloss Posted - 07/12/2009 : 16:44:03
she's eaten! after 2 weeks! I popped in a pinky, and she showed no interest at all, shying away from it, so I brained her second pinky and the smell sent her crazy - pinky pinky yum yum! In the end she ate both her pinkies and I'm a very happy snake mum!

Thanks for all your help everyone :)

zan x
zandefloss Posted - 01/12/2009 : 23:46:50
not yet :) will keep you updated in 5 more days

zan x
hiper2009 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 18:41:34
Hope its feeding ok now ?
SexyBear77 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 18:18:50
were they on the hot side? heat makes decomposition occur much faster lol. poor you!
zandefloss Posted - 01/12/2009 : 18:11:39
Heya everyone - just had a check, 24hrs of pinkies sitting in the hide have done nothing to whet her appetite, she's very crabby though, bless her! I dont think she liked sharing her tank with some little pinkies!

One more question though (and I'm trying not to worry, but it's not working lol) when I opened her faun to remove the pinkies they STUNK, I mean proper rotting meat, making you gag stunk - is this normal after 24hrs? I was not expecting them to go off so quickly!

thankyou for all your help so far everyone :) It's really helping - also is it normal for a snake to be headbutting the water? does she want her water changing or something? I changed it this morning, but perhaps she's fussy!

zan x
gingerpony Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:56:21
just checked, it's only been 5 days since the fuzzy incident, you got loads of time to play with before you need to stress

if she doesn't take anything overnight, i'd leave her another 5 days before trying again so as not to stress her unduly.
having been pretty ill recently myself with projectile vomiting (see my post on page 1 of the thread) i know how hard it is mentally to get eating again!!
gingerpony Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:53:37
leave one in overnight, cover the faun/viv up with a towel or similar and have a look in the morning........and try not to worry
zandefloss Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:48:30
the pinkies are still sitting there in her viv. poor spaghetti :(

zan x
gingerpony Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:18:24
it's ok hun don't panic, if you look at it in human terms............

you go out for a meal which is great, but you come down with severe food poisoning the next day, projectile vomiting and the rest......
how keen would you be to go back to that same place and eat that same meal again?

it'll just take a little time but make sure you try to keep her as stress-free as possible, no handling till she takes a feed and i'd leave her undisturbed for at least an hour or two tonight with the pinky if it's not gone already (bearing in mind you posted at 4pm lol)
zandefloss Posted - 30/11/2009 : 16:04:09
hey there everyone, have just tried spaghetti on 2 pinkies, but no intrest so far - which is very unusual. She picked up a pinky, started to eat it and then let go. I picked the pinkies back up and brained them, suddenly there was intrest again! she grabbed a pinky, started eating and then spat it out as soon as she got the head in.

I've now left her in her feeding box with a cover over it to keep in dark, I'll look in about half an hour to see if there's any progress.

I'm so worried!

zan x
zandefloss Posted - 28/11/2009 : 19:48:20
I will do :)
Kellog Posted - 28/11/2009 : 10:44:55
Hope the feed goes well tomorrow zandefloss...let us know how Spaghetti goes.

xxx
zandefloss Posted - 27/11/2009 : 08:46:19
I am going to try her on double pinkies for another few feeds and then try a small fuzzy, a non-fuzzy fuzzy! Thankyou everyone for your advice, she certainly seemed put out when I took her out the feed box with no replacement meal! I'm sure she'll be excited to see her pinkies on Sunday!

zan x
Blackecho Posted - 27/11/2009 : 07:25:24
As above, you've not at fault. Some snake's just get a bit spooked when you increase the prey size. Even if she had swallowed it, it wouldn't have done her any harm. Also as above, try multiple pinkies for a while until she has grown a bit more and she feels more confident about the larger mouse.
gingerpony Posted - 26/11/2009 : 20:20:28
i agree this doesn't count as a proper regurge but leaving her a few days before trying her gain will give her time to forget her bad experience a little.........on the other hand she should be hungry when you next feed her so she should wolf a pinky down lol

don't worry that it's anything you've done wrong zandefloss, i'd keep her on 1 pinky per meal till she gets back into it, then try multiple small pinkies after several successful feeds
Kellog Posted - 26/11/2009 : 04:40:56
You mustnt feel guilty zandefloss...you did what you thought was the right next move for Spaghetti, which was trying her with a fuzzy. We only learn by trying sometimes. So please, no more guilt!

Leave her the 4 days and drop her back down to 2 pinkies...as already suggested by those who know better than me!!

Just give her time, she will be ready for a fuzzy in her own time.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000