The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 spagnum moss

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 13/11/2009 : 16:26:34
is spagnum moss ok to use on a corn snake as a substrate. i have mixed aspen bedding, spagnum moss and chippings together to give him a bit of a mixture. is that k. wen i put it in he seemd really slow and unused t it almost as if he didn't like it, y. he doesn't move around as much in it and is slower than normal
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 17/11/2009 : 21:28:21
I use sphagnum moss in my hides only. Not as a substrate. It's definately safe but I don't know about using it as a substrate =s
n/a Posted - 17/11/2009 : 05:16:18
moss is only used for corns in there hides for helping shedding not for substrate as it will higher the humidity which can cause RI and sometimes scale rot. Stay with the aspen. Be easier to take out what you have in there and put fresh aspen in :D
a33272 Posted - 14/11/2009 : 20:50:19
only thing i can think of is to wake it all in oven for half an hour to dry it out
reptiledanny Posted - 14/11/2009 : 09:53:47
i will try and remove the moss then from his substrate, it will be hard as it is mixed in, any ideas how to remove it without taking out most of the other substrate as it is all brand new.
HannahB Posted - 13/11/2009 : 21:50:03
spagnum moss tends to be used when in shed to give extra humidity, its probably not the best thing to use as a substrate as it does raise the humidity which could cause your snake to get an RI if it gets too high..
if i were you i would stick with the aspen and chippings
a33272 Posted - 13/11/2009 : 18:42:00
spagnum moss is used by most for a humid box when shedding
reptiledanny Posted - 13/11/2009 : 18:30:30
is it k for them though?
eeji Posted - 13/11/2009 : 18:22:52
theres your answer then, he doesn't like it much ;)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000