The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 scar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
a33272 Posted - 23/10/2009 : 12:26:46
noticed marmalade has done this to herself somehow, doesnt seam to be bothering her at all and appears dry no sign of infection or puss or anything what do you lot think

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 24/10/2009 : 06:55:28
completely agree with lucifer, it should just take a few sheds to resolve itself

it could have happened when she was starting to rub her last shed off? or she could have tried getting her head somewhere she shouldn't! lol

as it's not an open/sore/bleeding wound i'd leave well alone, no need for tamodine/vetadine or anything, and just keep an eye on it and if possible remove the source of the problem if it's something obvious.
lucifer Posted - 24/10/2009 : 00:24:07
Should correct itself after a few sheds, just keep tabs on it and double check everything in the viv.
a33272 Posted - 24/10/2009 : 00:17:22
thanks for the replys guys puts my mind at ease
Kellog Posted - 23/10/2009 : 22:44:07
Kellog has a mark very similar to the one on your snake's nose a33272 from since before we got him. Just looks like a glassy scale slightly different to the rest. We think he got it when he was smaller by trying to escape between the glass sliding doors, which he continued to do even though there was no chance of hm escaping! (We stopped it straight away by putting a paper binder over the edge of the glass). Obviously we never saw it as a wound, but it has never caused any problems to him with shedding etc.

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/10/2009 : 15:07:03
Look at this-

Casper did the same thing, dont know how but I should think he did it in the viv. tbh I didnt do anything to it as nothing needed done- it was dry and clean.

It was recommended that I use Tamodine on it to dry it up, but it wasnt necessary. Caspers head should be entirely better within a couple of sheds.
a33272 Posted - 23/10/2009 : 14:33:19
the only thing in there that isnt shop brought reptile furniture is a granite kinda pebble but cant see she is stupid enough to rub her nose on it an do that, only other thing ive seen her doing i trying to stick her nose between the perspex sliding panels but all edges were rubbed an smoothed now with 1200 grit wet an dry an are smoother on edges than the glass in my other viv.

she is lovely isnt she i do love her colours
n/a Posted - 23/10/2009 : 14:14:52

I'd check the viv to see if there's anything that could have injured her. If there is nothing like that in there, then it's not something that was caused externally, in which case perhaps a vet should take a look.

But first I'm interested to see what GP says when she sees the pics.

Btw, this snake is gorgeous!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000