scar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  12:26:46  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
noticed marmalade has done this to herself somehow, doesnt seam to be bothering her at all and appears dry no sign of infection or puss or anything what do you lot think

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  14:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I'd check the viv to see if there's anything that could have injured her. If there is nothing like that in there, then it's not something that was caused externally, in which case perhaps a vet should take a look.

But first I'm interested to see what GP says when she sees the pics.

Btw, this snake is gorgeous!!

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  14:33:19  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the only thing in there that isnt shop brought reptile furniture is a granite kinda pebble but cant see she is stupid enough to rub her nose on it an do that, only other thing ive seen her doing i trying to stick her nose between the perspex sliding panels but all edges were rubbed an smoothed now with 1200 grit wet an dry an are smoother on edges than the glass in my other viv.

she is lovely isnt she i do love her colours

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at this-

Casper did the same thing, dont know how but I should think he did it in the viv. tbh I didnt do anything to it as nothing needed done- it was dry and clean.

It was recommended that I use Tamodine on it to dry it up, but it wasnt necessary. Caspers head should be entirely better within a couple of sheds.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  22:44:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog has a mark very similar to the one on your snake's nose a33272 from since before we got him. Just looks like a glassy scale slightly different to the rest. We think he got it when he was smaller by trying to escape between the glass sliding doors, which he continued to do even though there was no chance of hm escaping! (We stopped it straight away by putting a paper binder over the edge of the glass). Obviously we never saw it as a wound, but it has never caused any problems to him with shedding etc.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  00:17:22  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks for the replys guys puts my mind at ease

1.0.0 corn Casper

Edited by - a33272 on 24/10/2009 00:17:40
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  00:24:07  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Should correct itself after a few sheds, just keep tabs on it and double check everything in the viv.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  06:55:28  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
completely agree with lucifer, it should just take a few sheds to resolve itself

it could have happened when she was starting to rub her last shed off? or she could have tried getting her head somewhere she shouldn't! lol

as it's not an open/sore/bleeding wound i'd leave well alone, no need for tamodine/vetadine or anything, and just keep an eye on it and if possible remove the source of the problem if it's something obvious.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 24/10/2009 06:55:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000